Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax DA 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 ED AL [IF] lens (US)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax DA 18-250 f/3.5-6.3 ED AL [IF] lens

Asking Price
$400 US

Item Location
Dallas, Texas

Item Description
This is a Pentax smc DA 18-250 f/3.5-6.3 ED AL [IF] zoom lens. It's good for landscape, snapshots, portraits, and wildlife, which means that it is the most versatile zoom lens you can purchase for use with your Pentax DSLR.

If you have read some of my posts in this forum, you may know that I am a part-time working photographer (portraits, weddings and other events) and that I generally use prime lenses in my work. I purchased this lens in June 2009, not for work, but for personal use during my vacation to the Rocky Mountains the following month. I didn't want to have to take half a dozen lenses with me. I used the lens on that vacation, and shortly after that, I used it at one wedding reception; otherwise, the lens has mostly sat in my lens drawer unused.

I should perhaps add that my purchase of this lens was in a sense a repurchase. Prior to owning this lens, I had owned the Tamron 18-200, and then I sold that lens to buy the Tamron 18-250, which is very similar to this Pentax 18-250 lens. I am selling now to offset the cost of my recent purchase of the Pentax 21mm prime, which I can't afford to buy outright. If you buy this lens, take good care of it. There's a chance I might offer to buy it back from you next year!

The lens is in excellent condition. I'm careful with my equipment. No scratches or other marks. Lens comes with hood, end cap, the original box and all the original papers. I reviewed the forum guidelines and "like new" seems to be the appropriate description of the lens's use history, current condition, and what you'll be getting. But it's either Like New or Excellent.

Lens works fine, just as it did the day I received it. Be aware that the barrel is a bit loose. This makes it very easy to zoom, but if you are going to point the lens downward (say, to review a picture you've just taken) you'll either want to use the zoom lock or learn, as I did, to use your right index finger as a "brake" on the barrel to keep it from zooming out fully.

I would prefer to sell to someone in the United States.

I've uploaded some example photos here:

WILLIAM-PORTER-PHOTOGRAPHY | 20100401 Pentax 18-250 photos

Most of these photos were taken in the last day or so.

If you have any questions about the lens, by all means, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be happy to take a photo for you, if you ask. Please note that I'm posting this Holy Thursday (April 1, 2010) and that my response time during the Easter Weekend (especially on Easter Sunday) may be slower than usual. I WILL respond!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New (see description)

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
$20

Shipping Services
US Postal Service

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Upon request, return of lens will be accepted if lens is received by me within one week of your receipt of original delivery. (If you receive lens on Monday, I must have it back no later than the following Monday.) Lens must returned at buyer's expense, must be insured and guaranteed for delivery, and of course, you must return every item that was sent to you and it must all be in its original condition. Please consider carefully before purchased and please contact me before returning.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by WMBP; 04-01-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Added note about Easter weekend contacts....
05-04-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
Original Poster
Quick "bump." I still have this wonderful lens and alas, still need to sell it. Make me a good offer and this beauty could be yours just in time for summer vacation.

Will