Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 51 (100%)
[SOLD] SMC Pentax-F 100-300mm f4.5-5.6 autofocus zoom (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax-F 100-300mm f4.5-5.6 autofocus zoom

Asking Price
$80 US

Item Location
Aurora, CO USA

Item Description

I was skeptical of this lens and expected some reason to not like it. The only reason I found was size. It zooms internally and only moves a tiny bit when focusing. Oh, the front element turns when focusing. I thought performance was pretty good for a consumer zoom. It's pretty well covered in my test. There's a lot of data in that thread about the long end. I found performance is consistent at all focal lengths. Unlike some competitors, it doesn't fall apart at either end of the zoom, probably since it's a modest 3x ratio.

The glass is clear, unscratched and has no haze, fungus, separation, etc. The aperture is snappy and oil-free. The aperture ring works as it should on or off the A position. Focus is smooth and the ring is a good size for manual use. Autofocus works well too. The zoom ring action is smooth too. The lens comes with generic caps.

Larger versions of these photos are in this album.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$9 US, ask int'l

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
International shipping via slow cheap First Class International or fast expensive Priority International, with some tracking.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

04-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 35 (100%)
PM sent regarding lens