Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
[SOLD] DA 12-24mm $550 or trade for DA15mm Ltd. (Worldwide)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
DA 12-24mm price drop - $525 (found this lens's replacement, must buy soon before it's gone!)
Asking Price
525.00 USD

Item Location
Seattle, WA

Item Description
Pentax DA 12-24mm with caps and hood, no pouch, no box. Asking 525.00, including shipping in the US, negotiable shipping worldwide.

ETA: Several people have asked for closer photographs of the front element to show them the coating inconsistencies I mentioned below. Here are several, but the outcome is, you can't see the small spots unless you exhale onto the element. Mountain=mole hill here - and my compulsive full disclosure policy bites me in the butt again

Front element 1
Front element 2
Front element 3
Front element 4

The glass looks great (some very small 'water spot' type coating inconsistencies on the front element that have no effect on any photos I've taken), the barrel is spotless, the hood has very very minor marks on the exterior. The metal portion of the hood mount flange has been engraved with an identification number, not very visible unless you're holding the lens in your hands off the camera (see photo below).

Because of the cosmetic flaw of the engraving, I was able to get a good deal on ebay for the lens (25.00 more than I'm asking for it here). Alas, it front-focuses on my K-x and since the K-x can't correct per-lens, I'm reselling it. The front-focus is very minor, but I'm a picky old curmudgeon when it comes to sharpness

If you have a K20 or a K7 with that marvelous ability to adjust focus per-lens, this lens could be a steal for you

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
included for US, negotiable for Intl.

Shipping Services
USPS, UPS, FEDEX

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns only if I lied, stole your money and retired rich to a tropical island

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Though I haven't been here long, I have a 100% ebay rating and have bought/sold a couple of items here

Last edited by Ecaterin; 04-29-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: ETA for clarity about front element, and drop the price
04-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 57 (100%)
PM sent! (10 characters.)
04-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
You are right about seeing a lens with the MTSS engraving on it. I purchased one last year from the forms with the same engraving on it. I still have my copy, so this is another one from the same source. This is a great lens for a good price.
04-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Allison Quote
You are right about seeing a lens with the MTSS engraving on it. I purchased one last year from the forms with the same engraving on it. I still have my copy, so this is another one from the same source. This is a great lens for a good price.
How very odd! Wonder who's doing the lens engraving? Mysteries of Pentax lore :P I was wondering if perhaps it was a rental and the code related to the shop inventory? Who knows

04-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 57 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Ecaterin Quote
How very odd! Wonder who's doing the lens engraving? Mysteries of Pentax lore :P I was wondering if perhaps it was a rental and the code related to the shop inventory? Who knows
Pretty sure its an ex-member of Penn State's Media & Technology Support Services program:

Media & Technology Support Services (MediaTech)
Scroll down to "Cameras." Google is indeed wonderful.

Looks like this one was #6 in the series ("LW1" is the code, and "006" follows that). Does "007" turn into a knife, or add x-ray vision?
04-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Pretty sure its an ex-member of Penn State's Media & Technology Support Services program:

Media & Technology Support Services (MediaTech)
Scroll down to "Cameras." Google is indeed wonderful.

Looks like this one was #6 in the series ("LW1" is the code, and "006" follows that). Does "007" turn into a knife, or add x-ray vision?
*snort* You really CAN find absolutely anything on Google :P
04-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump, price reduction to 525.00 - c'mon, you know you want it! (price drop because I've found a good deal on another lens but have to move fast)
04-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pending sale to GarySloman.....