Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2020, 04:21 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Tabletop tripod

Looking for a sturdy tabletop tripod similar to a Moman/Veledge MT-01. With or without ball head. Poor cosmetics OK as long as mechanically sound.

06-02-2020, 11:32 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
I just received the Leofoto LS-223C:

amazon.com : Leofoto LS-223C Portable Light Weight Carbon Fiber Tripod, Ranger Series, Center Column Not Included : Camera & Photo?tag=pentaxforums-20&

Construction quality is great, it is quite compact, and should safely hold a camera such as the K-1 with up to a short tele lens with no problem. With out a head the bottom of my camera is 1 7/8" of the surface, 5.5" with a small ball head.
06-02-2020, 10:54 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
I've become a big fan of the Platypod system for tabletop work, and for when I don't want to haul my big tripod around.
06-03-2020, 02:53 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I should have explained better in my OP. I'm looking for a PF member who has one they want to get rid of, rather than suggestions for new ones. But thanks anyway; I may have to end up buying new. I almost pulled the trigger on the Moman mentioned above. It looked like what I had in mind and got great reviews. But the third party seller (through Amazon) had less than stellar reviews. I know Amazon would have covered any problem, but I just got a bad vibe. Not anxious to spend my limited funds on problems. I'd rather buy from a fellow Pentaxan. Plus, I'd want to use a ball head with it and I don't own one, just a three-way on my full sized tripod. The Amazon price for a new Moman and the recommended matching ball head was more than I can justify right now. I was hoping to pick up used gear cheap.

06-06-2020, 12:04 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
A very kind PF member sent me one that he wasn't using, so I'm closing this thread.