Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Salon de la Photos, Paris?

Who is coming to the Salon de la Photo in Paris in October? If you do come, I will be there the weekend of October 6 & 7...Hope to see you all there..

07-28-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Unfortunately I wont be in Paris for that weekend.

Rest assured I will be having a croissant or two down here in Perth, Australia, in honour of the event.

Seriously though, congratualtions on your superb photographty and enjoy your weekend in October.
08-02-2007, 05:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Ben, I may have to wait until next year to go to France, etc.

My green card application is in the priority queue, and I don't want to risk traveling right now - things stay simpler if no travel occurs....

I also have relatives in the suburbs of Paris (is 40km out a suburb?) and other relatives in Crigny. I was REALLY hoping to go, but time shall tell...

Regards,
Marc
08-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Who is coming to the Salon de la Photo in Paris in October? If you do come, I will be there the weekend of October 6 & 7...Hope to see you all there..
All being well, I plan to be there with my wife Pat, as it's her birthday that weekend and Paris is her favourite city (mine too).

I also believe Steve Jacob is planning to visit and I suspect that there will be others from UK and Europe as well. We've met up in Paris before and enjoyed some of the fabulous restuarants as well as the sights. It could be quite a party! Are you up for one!

08-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #5

Hotels?

I am also thinking of going to the Salon de la Photos . . . may as well use up the frequent flier points . . .

Could you suggest hotels, B&B's, etc near the center?

Thanks,
Paul
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
James Dean 1931 - 1955
08-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hotels

QuoteOriginally posted by rprii Quote
I am also thinking of going to the Salon de la Photos . . . may as well use up the frequent flier points . . .

Could you suggest hotels, B&B's, etc near the center?

Thanks,
Paul
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
James Dean 1931 - 1955
There are so many..I live in Montmartre in the 18th district, too far from the Salon. Try getting a place near Chatelet, Bastile or near Place Concorde.

Ben

PS..Anywhere other than near the main tourist traps is great, as long as you are in Paris. The Metro is so good that it will get you to the salon with minimal hassel.

Ben
08-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sure

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Day Quote
All being well, I plan to be there with my wife Pat, as it's her birthday that weekend and Paris is her favourite city (mine too).

I also believe Steve Jacob is planning to visit and I suspect that there will be others from UK and Europe as well. We've met up in Paris before and enjoyed some of the fabulous restuarants as well as the sights. It could be quite a party! Are you up for one!
Sure, why not!

Ben