Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #121
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PPG gone to the dogs

I think it's really sad how PPG has gone to the dogs. They need a much better voting system due to the crap that people submit. The number of times i've seen someone clearly dump a set of images from vacation is simply unacceptable.

It used to be that if you had an image make it through the screening process, it was something to be proud of. A rite of passage and recognition from your peers. Now, it seems like they just seem to accept anything that an average joe sees as a pleasing or neat photo and so that it can be used as part of their advertising campaign.

I recently put in a submission and while I was happy to see it was accepted, I hadn't reviewed the gallery in a long time. Having reviewed what's been accepted in the gallery and even some that make the 'premiere' section, I don't know that I felt that same enthusiasm as I used to when i waited in anticipation of the acceptance of an image.

08-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #122
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I frankly believe at this point they need to go thru and cull a lot of the images that have been accepted... particularly from the "beta" time period when they were much less picky. This would/could restore it to a gallery worthy of great images. Every image in the gallery should be one that in the old days would have been accepted to the old "Pentax Life" magazine.

Last edited by MRRiley; 08-26-2010 at 09:35 AM.
08-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #123
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Just go to the User Gallery here and you will stumble across some magnificent shots.......it is fun to cruise in there once in a while!

Oh yeah, I still don't care for moon shots, seen them too many times to count. Still looks the same to me....
Regards!
08-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #124
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Just go to the User Gallery here and you will stumble across some magnificent shots.......it is fun to cruise in there once in a while!

Oh yeah, I still don't care for moon shots, seen them too many times to count. Still looks the same to me....
Regards!
I have a moon shot for you! Hysterical

08-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #125
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I bet you do! Would that be the dark side of the moon?
Regards!