Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Happy that worked well for you!

For those mechanically inclined I'd add the EU2000i is almost a pleasure to work on; construction is modular and very-well thought out design to make servicing and repair real easy. After 5 years of heavy use, I rebuilt mine last year (get the service manual!), installed new rings, it runs just exactly like new! Complete rebuild took me about 8 hours; I could do it now in about half that!

06-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yeah I'm thinking I will be renting this one for the race weekends. Luckly the races only happen once a month so it won't be too bad.

Jim
06-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jbrowning Quote
All I can say is "DAMN THATS A NICE GENERATOR"!!!

I have nothing but great things to say about the Honda EU2000i generator that I rented this weekend. Started up each time very very easily. Powered the laptop, Epson 1400 printer, Ext. Harddrive, 19" Dell monitor, 12" (I thnk it was) digital picture frame and little fan all day long and never once stopped and couldn't even here the generators over all the other generators that was going around us.

So I give it a thumbs up and would recommend it to anyone who would want to use one to power up a laptop and such.

Thanks for everyones input which made my day at the track go very smoothly.

Thank you
Jim
Jim

did you ever think to try and monitor the load? Perhaps an amp meter in the line, just to see what the real draw was? I would be curious.
06-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Jim

did you ever think to try and monitor the load? Perhaps an amp meter in the line, just to see what the real draw was? I would be curious.

Sorry Lowell, I didn't even think about doing that. I was just happy everything worked. lol I will be doing this again July 10th and 11th and will try to remember to check that out and report back what I find out.

Thanks
Jim

06-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, Honda's e-series are sweet.