Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
How Is My Slideshow Look?

Hello all,

I have made a slide show in my Photo Club, I've used ProShow Gold, it was the first time I am compiling a digital Slideshow and it didn't embarrassed me, beyond that it was almost perfect. Now I figured it has a web-show ability, so I resized pictures, added watermarks&Frames in batch with Fast Stone Resizer program and uploaded to my server. I've shortened the show a bit. Now wondering how it look like at your side,

Wondering:

1- Is it fast enough for your bandwidth? Does it load quick enough for you? (File is 18MB big and my hosting server is at Houston).

2-How do you like my pictures and whole show? You can make comments if you care.

3-Most importantly I am wondering if it slide show appears up on computers which ProSHow is not installed.

Here Is My Showl

Thanks in advance.

06-27-2010, 02:01 AM   #2

It works just fine on my laptop, fast and I just had to install a plugin for google chrome to watch the slides.
But the pictures all seem a bit unsharp, which most likely is due to the resizing etc. maybe they need some additional sharpening for web? they pixelate a little, so they could be resized too small? or maybe its just the plugin/chrome
06-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heiberg Quote
It works just fine on my laptop, fast and I just had to install a plugin for google chrome to watch the slides.
But the pictures all seem a bit unsharp, which most likely is due to the resizing etc. maybe they need some additional sharpening for web? they pixelate a little, so they could be resized too small? or maybe its just the plugin/chrome
Thanks for your time, I have no chrome here (uninstalled), and sharpness is just fine, but pics should be 756 pixel at max, I've set the max. pixel size size at ProShow so. Wondering why you had to install chrome? Any program asked you to do so?

Last edited by cbaytan; 06-27-2010 at 02:31 AM. Reason: added info
06-27-2010, 04:44 AM   #4

I use chrome as my browser, only had to install a plugin, can't remember the name though[/lang]

Last edited by Heiberg; 10-05-2010 at 11:53 AM.
06-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I use Firefox on Mac OS X. Your show would require to install a special plug-in. when I download the plug-in, I see it is an .EXE file - so useless on the Mac and no show for Mac users.

Ben
06-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
I use Firefox on Mac OS X. Your show would require to install a special plug-in. when I download the plug-in, I see it is an .EXE file - so useless on the Mac and no show for Mac users.

Ben
Thanks Ben, now Proshow web feature is down the drain, for me..
06-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Generally when doing anything web based that you ant people to look at, you want to avoid any thing that involves them doing anything. The internet is getting increasingly lazy. If things load too slowly, people leave. If it's hard to navigate, people leave. If you need a plug-in, people leave. You want to make whatever you're trying to display as easy as possible, to retain the move amount of viewers.

06-27-2010, 07:43 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I didn't get past the plugin install request...