Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2010, 06:17 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
If there is an announcement, I don't see it.

Attached Images

06-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

That's strange, first off the new system is opt in, so it doesn't change anything on your account unless you tell it to. Second, everything still works the same way as it used to for posting images on forums such as these by using the "Share This" button. Oh, and the new group is linked to everywhere if you decided to opt in.
06-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #18
Veteran Member

06-30-2010, 06:29 PM   #19
Veteran Member

06-30-2010, 07:13 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
That was not showing up on my Photostream page. Maybe the problem was that I go straight to the Photostream page.
I may be wrong, but there hasn't been any changes to the Photostream page, it's the actual photo page that has the new version to play around with.
06-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #21
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
That's strange, first off the new system is opt in, so it doesn't change anything on your account unless you tell it to. Second, everything still works the same way as it used to for posting images on forums such as these by using the "Share This" button. Oh, and the new group is linked to everywhere if you decided to opt in.
Well, I never opted in. When I click on one of my images, its the new system. And that's the point, the "Share This" I never used before anyway. However, when you cut and past the links, they don't work. This is definitely the new system.

Edit: Well, the links seem to work know even though they now require cut and paste. Its either that or click through the images to "right click."
Attached Images

Last edited by Blue; 06-30-2010 at 07:58 PM.
06-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #22
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
I may be wrong, but there hasn't been any changes to the Photostream page, it's the actual photo page that has the new version to play around with.
I said that I go straight to the photostream page.

06-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #23
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I thought someone had asked about EXIF, that's accessed here and seems to be an improvement as far as viewing it goes. Its under the pull down "Actions" menu.
Attached Images

06-30-2010, 07:55 PM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

I came across some of the changes today and did not like them either. The only messages I noticed were the "look into the future" at the top of the page. I think we tend to look at the site as something only we can affect. It (our sets and features) will not change unless we change it.
I did find it confusing to copy and paste an image the same as we previously could with famliar ease. I cursed at the site outloud after a few minutes trying to figure it out.
Then I saw an opt out link and my stuff returned to normal. I hope.
06-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I was browsing another user's photostream and the change happened in-between page views. Whoa! Wa' happened? It took about 15 seconds and then I figured out that they had deployed the new interface. It took another 30 seconds to figure out how to get the link information for the various sizes so that I can continue posting here and other places.

My opinion? I like the larger image size and am non-committal regarding the rest.

Steve
06-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Overall, I think the changes are pretty gratuitous, but I do like the larger default image size and the enable of cursor key navigation (!). But getting to a direct URl for the image itelf seems to have become a click or two harder. Maybe there's another way I haven'd found yet. Will take a little getting used to, but overall it's probably a slight improvement, I think.
06-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #27
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Overall, I think the changes are pretty gratuitous, but I do like the larger default image size and the enable of cursor key navigation (!). But getting to a direct URl for the image itelf seems to have become a click or two harder. Maybe there's another way I haven'd found yet. Will take a little getting used to, but overall it's probably a slight improvement, I think.
At least the EXIF works from the Actions menu. The EXIF didn't work most of the time and still doesn't by the "right click" method. Once a link is made for an image, they are more predictable as to how the react to clicking on them in a post (if that makes sense). Once the bugs are worked out and the the nuances figured out, it will probably be o.k. but its apparently trial and error as instructions are lacking.
06-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #28
Veteran Member

If you don't want to use it for now then click on this link:

Flickr: You've been take out of the preview
06-30-2010, 09:46 PM   #29
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
If you don't want to use it for now then click on this link:

Flickr: You've been take out of the preview
Opting out wasn't the point. The 1st Point was being blind sided in the middle of an upload. However, the biggest issue was the failure to explain how to link. Initially the "Share" menu was malfunctioning big time. I had to get help outside flickr and learn the new system by trial and error. I suspect that they will migrate to this system at some point.
06-30-2010, 09:46 PM - 1 Like   #30
Veteran Member

I was under the impression the opt-out is only for the preview period and that someday soon we will all be forced into the new layout. Is this not correct?
Closed Thread