Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2010, 06:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do I take that as meaning the judging is already done? If so, sorry to hear it. Sounds like they should have described it as a "Photo Printing" competiton though if the guy was that biased.

Next time you need something for a competition like that let me know and I'll run it off on the r2880.

Mike

07-22-2010, 07:39 AM   #17
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I looked at all the shots on the slide show, and there are certainly some very fine shots in the competition, but yours ranks right in there with the best of them! Good Luck!
Regards!
07-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #18
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Do I take that as meaning the judging is already done? If so, sorry to hear it. Sounds like they should have described it as a "Photo Printing" competiton though if the guy was that biased.

Next time you need something for a competition like that let me know and I'll run it off on the r2880.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I'll keep that in mind. I wasn't planning very far ahead. I really can't complain. Last year I agonized over what to enter and only got one piece accepted. This year I picked three pretty much at random and two got in.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I looked at all the shots on the slide show, and there are certainly some very fine shots in the competition, but yours ranks right in there with the best of them! Good Luck!
Regards!
Oh wow I didn't even see that slideshow on there earlier. I can't get it to work for me though (outdated lousy work computers). Thanks for the kind words Rupert.
07-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #19
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Thanks Mike. I'll keep that in mind. I wasn't planning very far ahead. I really can't complain. Last year I agonized over what to enter and only got one piece accepted. This year I picked three pretty much at random and two got in.

Oh wow I didn't even see that slideshow on there earlier. I can't get it to work for me though (outdated lousy work computers). Thanks for the kind words Rupert.
I hope you can get on a computer where you can view the others.....I was surprised at the quality of work exhibited. I stand by yours being right in there with them.
Regards!

07-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #20
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I hope you can get on a computer where you can view the others.....I was surprised at the quality of work exhibited. I stand by yours being right in there with them.
Regards!
Thanks!
I actually went through the exhibit itself yesterday which is why I knew which ones were awarded. It is kind of cool seeing your own framed works on a wall in a gallery with a bunch of others.
07-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #21
graphicgr8s

Love the Chevy shot. Good work Mel.

But where's the shameless bragging? If you're good flaunt it baby.