Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2010, 06:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member
MRRiley's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sterling, VA, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,275
Do I take that as meaning the judging is already done? If so, sorry to hear it. Sounds like they should have described it as a "Photo Printing" competiton though if the guy was that biased.

Next time you need something for a competition like that let me know and I'll run it off on the r2880.

Mike

07-22-2010, 07:39 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
I looked at all the shots on the slide show, and there are certainly some very fine shots in the competition, but yours ranks right in there with the best of them! Good Luck!
Regards!
07-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #18
mel
Veteran Member
mel's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,531
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Do I take that as meaning the judging is already done? If so, sorry to hear it. Sounds like they should have described it as a "Photo Printing" competiton though if the guy was that biased.

Next time you need something for a competition like that let me know and I'll run it off on the r2880.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I'll keep that in mind. I wasn't planning very far ahead. I really can't complain. Last year I agonized over what to enter and only got one piece accepted. This year I picked three pretty much at random and two got in.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I looked at all the shots on the slide show, and there are certainly some very fine shots in the competition, but yours ranks right in there with the best of them! Good Luck!
Regards!
Oh wow I didn't even see that slideshow on there earlier. I can't get it to work for me though (outdated lousy work computers). Thanks for the kind words Rupert.
07-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,123
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Thanks Mike. I'll keep that in mind. I wasn't planning very far ahead. I really can't complain. Last year I agonized over what to enter and only got one piece accepted. This year I picked three pretty much at random and two got in.



Oh wow I didn't even see that slideshow on there earlier. I can't get it to work for me though (outdated lousy work computers). Thanks for the kind words Rupert.
I hope you can get on a computer where you can view the others.....I was surprised at the quality of work exhibited. I stand by yours being right in there with them.
Regards!

07-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #20
mel
Veteran Member
mel's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,531
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I hope you can get on a computer where you can view the others.....I was surprised at the quality of work exhibited. I stand by yours being right in there with them.
Regards!
Thanks!
I actually went through the exhibit itself yesterday which is why I knew which ones were awarded. It is kind of cool seeing your own framed works on a wall in a gallery with a bunch of others.
07-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #21
graphicgr8s
Guest




Love the Chevy shot. Good work Mel.

But where's the shameless bragging? If you're good flaunt it baby.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, contract, images, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Macro Bragging time for Pentax (and me) at a local contest! bdery Post Your Photos! 10 07-16-2010 07:37 AM
Shameless Self Promotion jct us101 General Talk 42 09-12-2009 04:09 AM
Shameless plea... beaumont Post Your Photos! 0 12-22-2008 08:35 AM
Topcon RE Topcor 135mm f/3.5 - bragging rights. Voe Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 7 09-05-2008 09:17 PM
A neat little bragging right for the K10D/K20D SLC Flyfishing Pentax News and Rumors 14 01-29-2008 10:05 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:26 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top