Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2010, 06:52 AM   #16
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I made two friends a few months ago because of my photography:

Two cops who interrogated me on the street for suspicion of doing photo surveillance for Al Qaida, or other terrorist group of your choice.

08-01-2010, 07:35 AM   #17
emr

I've never been into clubs of any sort IRL, but I've learned to know some great people on this forum.

QuoteOriginally posted by Groucho Marx:
I sent the club a wire stating, "PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER".
08-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have one old friend that I have gotten closer to lately because we both got into photography since we drifted apart a few years ago. That's nice and kind of unexpected.
But most of the time I shoot solo (or as the solo shooter). Most of my close friends aren't that into photography but like to have me along to get the good pix on a lot of outings (mountaineering, skiing, mountain biking, etc). I enjoy being "the guy with the camera" most of the time and it wouldn't really be the same if we were all that guy.
08-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's dead easy to make new friends (actual living people rather than online ones) when you meet monthly for an a day of shooting. It helps that the Pentax K-x and K-7 has attracted new users who can come by the outings to get pointers first hand.
Plenty of good friendships have been fostered from our Pentax outings, and the photo skill level is definitely going up.

From our last outing: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/gatherings-photo-trips-groups/79381-post-...ictures-2.html

08-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #20
Forum Member

I made few very good friends with photography!

I am not really spending time on forums to talks about photography and to show my work, but it did happenned that I met some people through a few forums and when practicing nature photography on some beautifull locations!

These people became really good friends with me and are making me very happy to share a passion and enjoy very good time in nature, birdwatching, chasing insects for macro etc...

Photography is a wonderfull opportunity of great things:

Looking beyond
Discover nature of things - people - our relation with environment....
Learning to observe, learning patience, to wait ...
Medidate
Have a new vision about life and living
Share intimacy with people and living beings
encounter god within beauty
rediscover our own true essence

and

make new friends that share this way of living

Mireille
have a good week!