Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
But in the headline for the graph: "1. Panasonic > Canon > Nikon."
Yea what's that about? Pentax name must not mean anything...go figure.

08-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kytra Quote
Panasonic people find dates harder?
I'd guess it probably goes back to where the cameras are sold. Walmart sells them next to Canon's the last time I looked. I figure they're $100-$200 cheaper, work very well as a gift for the new graduate, call themselves an "interchangeable lens system" instead of a DSLR, etc. They're a well known brand to people who don't buy cameras normally and readily available at the biggest store in the US.
08-11-2010, 06:05 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You had me at "Dating site run by mathematicians" LOL!

Serious, I did college math up to the point where the equations had more letters than numbers in it. And then my head exploded. Can't say it helped me with the ladies....

I keed because I love...
08-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
Olympus didn't even make the list. Leica was omitted too. There were probably so few Leica and Pentax users in the data that the author didn't think they warranted inclusion.

QuoteOriginally posted by opiet70 Quote
I'd guess it probably goes back to where the cameras are sold. Walmart sells them next to Canon's the last time I looked. I figure they're $100-$200 cheaper, work very well as a gift for the new graduate, call themselves an "interchangeable lens system" instead of a DSLR, etc. They're a well known brand to people who don't buy cameras normally and readily available at the biggest store in the US.
Doesn't Leica make or design some of Panasonic's glass? That might have something to do with it.

08-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
The blog isn't meant for photographers, it's meant for general audience. I'm guessing that if you asked a bunch of random people on the street (excluding photogs and gadgethounds) whether Pentax made cameras or network routers, you'd probably get 30-40% guessing that they made network routers.

Canon and Nikon? Almost everyone knows they make cameras.
08-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by extravagrant Quote
Canon and Nikon? Almost everyone knows they make cameras.
Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Sony, Casio, Samsung, Fuji, are all faces of major global corporations whose camera operations are relatively inconsequential to the corporate bottom-line. I'm not sure if Olympus makes more from medical imaging than consumer photo stuff, but they're still a large corporate player. PenHoya isn't in their league, and apparently isn't trying to be, not in the USA anyway. Murka hasn't heard of Pentax because Pentax whispers, not shouts. It's hard to recognize something when you can't tell it's there.