Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #1

Quantaray website?

Hi folks! Does this company have a website at all? I can't find one. A friend of mine just bought a nice new Quantaray ballistic camera bag and I can't find this particular one anywhere online. I was hoping that they had a website with the specs and all that.

Thanks!

08-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Quantary is a RitzCamera.com brand. I like their bags (I have three) but not much else.
08-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Quantaray stuff is available thru RITZ and WOLF's Camera Stores. Check Ritz's website at Ritz Camera.
08-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #4

Original Poster
He got it at a Ritz store, but it's not on their website (or any other that I tried for that matter). The model number is QP-BL2 Pro Ballistic Large Black. Has nice shiny metal buckles in front. Maybe it's a new model?

08-28-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Then call your local Ritz or write them and ask. large corporate websites are not known for accuracy...
08-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #6

Original Poster
I would prefer to actually see the specs and configurations. I suppose I will have to pack up the 2 year old and take a road trip to the nearest Ritz. Maybe they have another and I'll snatch it up.
08-28-2007, 03:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome to the Pentax Forum Eddie.

I'd love to see a picture of your camera bag when you get it. It's always nice to see what else is out there.

08-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks, Stu! I just got back from Ritz (over an hour one-way), and they had one left. Here are a few shots taken with my POS Olympus Stylus 300 (waiting on my Pentax to arrive). Both outer sides of the bag have the same pocket.

When my istDS gets here, it'll be living in style, I think!
08-28-2007, 07:34 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Then call your local Ritz or write them and ask. large corporate websites are not known for accuracy...
Or store employees, either. I pointed out a $5.00 price difference on (I think) a lens brush/tissue/cleaner combo, and the store employee said the website was run by "different people".
08-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Just about everything that Quantaray, like many "store-brands", makes is actually made by another company and then rebranded. Many of Quantaray's lenses are just simply rebrands of Sigma lenses, a lot of their flashes are SunPak (or whatever their name is).
08-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #11

Original Poster
I suspected as much, Nick. Thanks again.
09-16-2007, 09:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Or store employees, either. I pointed out a $5.00 price difference on (I think) a lens brush/tissue/cleaner combo, and the store employee said the website was run by "different people".
In our defense, the Ritzcamera.com site is actually run by different people. I believe that it was spun off of the parent company (ie, ritz camera) as a separate entity. Ritz Camera stores and the website can have differing prices, though the products are usually the same.

As inneyeseakay pointed out, most Quantaray items are re-badged. The lenses come from both Sigma and Tamron, and in the past they have offered a re-badged Tokina lens as well. The filters are, I believe, Tiffens, allthough Q-ray does offer re-badged Cokin P-system filters as well. I'm not sure where the bags come from.