Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
10-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's gonna be tough with typical lousy high school lighting. Scott's suggestion for using a flash is worth trying.

If you are feeling ambitious and creative, then consider crafting a rig to have the flash below your camera spreading light low and out. I've seen some clever setups with tripod clamps, c-clamps, and plastic pipe attached to a monopod that holds the camera. If you have a flash bracket it may help.

You can use a relatively unsophisticated flash. You'll need an off-camera flash cord that has a hot shoe extension with a tripod mounting hole.

And of course you'll be limited in the rapidity of shots. You'll probably get one good opportunity per play. Good for developing discipline

Not that many people have this stuff hanging around on a day's notice, but just in case you do, make the most of it.

M

10-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kmets Quote
Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes! Of course it is a big game against our biggest rivals! Maybe I should leave the camera home and just cheer like crazy!
Vuvuzelas.
10-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #33

Original Poster
Got some good shots in the first half. After that, they started to blur. More importantly, they won, in a shut out 12-0!

Also, I chatted with the AD this morning, and was granted sideline access for all the games!!
10-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #34
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats on win and sideline access. Most times all you have to do is ask. I have had access to the field in soccer and football, even a sectional championship game and all I had to do is say I am a photographer (maybe little luck).
Lets see some photos of the game.

10-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #35

Original Poster
Thanks Scott.

Here are a couple when lighting was good...

This one, I wish desperately had turned out. It was getting darker and I got a lot of blur. I am assuming there is no photoshopping this one back.

10-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #36
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

great shots. blur on last one makes the hit look harder, boys will love it. no photoshop can get rid of the blur, but it works.
10-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #37
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Here are some flash shots at a night game. Has its limits (shutter speed not fast), but at least I can catch some moments.

10-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #38

El tema es para captar el movimiento se necesita una velocidad de 1/150 como minimo, y con poca luz (Articifial) se complica, y más con un telefoto, necesariamente ni con alto ISO (mucho ruido) te da la luz por momentos, solo queda la opcion de un f2.8 o menor.