Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yashica-Contax left the camera-business having NOT axed a similar product.

09-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Everybody is refining products all the time.

There's no magic moment other than those determined by the competitive market.

The competitive market says, "photokina is a special moment." Pentax must respond with whatever it can.

I say, "Why can't I give this thread zero stars ???"
09-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Reportage Quote
less then a month to go...i really hope the new offerings can make me upgrade from my K20D.

i skipped the K7, hopefully there is no reason to skip the next one.
Why?

Is money burning a hole in your pockets?
09-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #49
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Not news or rumor. Moved.

09-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
You know, they have ax'ed a product that was close to launch and reportedly wasted millions in the process. Remember that one??
Given the huge failure of the Contax N that used the same sensor, they rather saved millions and maybe the company in the process. After that the ist* D was delayed presumably due to sensors not being available in time. From these experiences I think Pentax should have tried to build their own sensors. It seems that Nikon has understood that it was vital for their independence.
09-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
WTF is the thinking behind this question? Do you know of some glaring defects in the new camera models that would make them totally undesirable? Do you feel that Pentax engineers and designers have misread the marketplace and are about to launch the photographic equivalent of the Titanic? Or perhaps you feel that Pentax would be shrewd in delaying the release of the new models until after the Christmas season, so that they can miss the peak selling period of the year, while they upgrade the cameras and add features for next Christmas?

Please explain yourself, because I am confused.

Rob
09-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #52
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the K5 is nothing but a K7 with much superior high ISO, it is going to make a lot of people very happy...I'll be one of them.
In a free market, I have never understood why someone wants to stick with a brand they seem to deplore......unless they just like to rag on it to make it look like they are a little too good for the products. Most raggers I see don't even take a few snapshots....they just spend a lot of time complaining......what's with that? Pentax has some great products.....I wish I had more, not less!
Regards!

09-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
If the K5 is nothing but a K7 with much superior high ISO, it is going to make a lot of people very happy...I'll be one of them.
In a free market, I have never understood why someone wants to stick with a brand they seem to deplore......unless they just like to rag on it to make it look like they are a little too good for the products. Most raggers I see don't even take a few snapshots....they just spend a lot of time complaining......what's with that? Pentax has some great products.....I wish I had more, not less!
Regards!
One reason that people stick with a particular brand of camera is that it is expensive to switch. Moving to another brand requires getting new lenses, flashes, filters, etc in addition to a camera body. Besides, few people actually deplore their own cameras; they just wish them to be a little better in a few areas, and they live in the hope that the manufacturer will oblige them in future models.

Rob