Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2007, 05:50 AM   #1

Flickr and Yahoo Photo Merger

Hey guys,
Good news for those of you who have AT&T Yahoo DSL Service. Yahoo just acquired Flickr, and if you are an AT&T Yahoo subscriber you get access to a free "Pro" account at Flickr.
According to the announcement, Yahoo Photos will be phasing out, and they will be transfering your photos to a account under your same email address at Flickr in the next couple of weeks.
Flickr's pro accounts are normally $25 bucks a year, and include unlimited storage.
Pretty cool...

08-31-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please be aware this acquisition is not a recent event. You have until Sept 20 to transfer your photo. Here is an excerpt from Yahoo.
Dear Yahoo! Photos user,

For some time now, we've supported two great photo sharing services: Yahoo! Photos and Flickr. But even good things come to an end, and we've decided to close Yahoo! Photos to focus all our efforts on Flickr — the award-winning photo sharing community that TIME Magazine has called "completely addictive."

We will officially close Yahoo! Photos on Thursday, September 20, 2007, at 9 p.m. PDT. Until then, we are offering you the opportunity to move to another photo sharing service (Flickr, KODAK Gallery, Shutterfly, Snapfish, or Photobucket). We're making the transfer real simple, and with a couple clicks we'll automatically move your photos to Flickr or wherever you want them. You can also download your original-resolution photos back to your computer, or buy an archive CD from our featured partner (for users of the New Yahoo! Photos only). All you need to do is tell us what to do with your photos before we close, after which any photos remaining on Yahoo! Photos will be deleted and no longer accessible.

Of course, we hope you'll join us at Flickr (you can even use your Yahoo! ID), but we also realize that Flickr may not be for everyone. In the end, we want you to find the service that's right for you, and we hope you take some time to learn more about your options before making this important decision.

Please give us your decision by Thursday, September 20, 2007, at 9 p.m. PDT. After that time, any photos remaining in Yahoo! Photos will be deleted. Click here to make your decision, or review a list of our frequently asked questions.

Thanks for being a part of the Web's largest photo sharing service — we hope to see you over at Flickr!

If you have already moved or downloaded your photos, please disregard this message.

The Yahoo! Photos team
08-31-2007, 09:12 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the clarification. I got the same email, and misstated that it was a recent aquisition. I was trying to refer to the recent decision to eliminate Yahoo Photo.
It is still a pretty cool development...
09-04-2007, 01:47 PM   #4

I'm an AT&T customer but I don't use Yahoo's photo service. I should look into this and see if I qualify.