Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2007, 01:19 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxshooter Quote
I just ordered the 50-135mm. I hope PENTAX releases a new pro-level body that competes with the Canon 40D.

Now, I cant wait to shoot a wedding with it.
That Da* 50-135 seems to be a gem for wedding for sure. I had done a few assistant photographer jobs and prime lenses are only good for set up wedding photography.

With reception or casual shots around the church ceremony, I would rather stick to a zoom. Especially with something like 50-135mm, no second thought!

However, I did not feel D40 any pro level at all. k10d produces nicer images by comparison (I tried out D40 at a city store on the weekend - did not convince to grab a copy at all; I hooked on my 85 f1.2L and 50 f1.2L on the 40D, taking protraits on the salesman in the stores... I would patiently wait for pentax to release its own succesors to k10d )

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
77mm, camera, experiences, leica, photography, primes, rangefinder, weddings