Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
can anyone explain what it means when a camera is goosed?

thanks for any help, just got told a camera i was looking at was goosed but i dont know what it means, any help would be appreciated, cheers, Russ.

09-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Found this in the dictionary (think it's derogatory, and take this at face value):

A verb, which means to grab someone between their butt cheeks and to squeeze, almost with an intent to hurt, although it is often done in a joking, playful manner between friends. The most common way to goose someone is with the fingers and thumb of one hand. The fingers grab from the bottom, and the thumb from the top. Then, in an upwards, and squeezing motion, you goose them. It is normally done while the "receiver" is wearing clothes, although there is no reason why it couldn't be done without clothes.
09-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The fingers grab from the bottom, and the thumb from the top. Then, in an upwards, and squeezing motion, you goose them. It is normally done while the "receiver" is wearing clothes, although there is no reason why it couldn't be done without clothes.
Female volunteers should send a personal message to...

Nah. Don't want to seem greedy about my behaviors.

Maybe some slang for being short circuited. As in a cooked goose. Goosed. Like heated. Aww fuhgettabowdit.
09-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by naughty.smurf Quote
thanks for any help, just got told a camera i was looking at was goosed but i dont know what it means, any help would be appreciated, cheers, Russ.
In a nut shell, it means no longer functions.

09-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was going to say busted or broken, then I read Adams reply, now I feel nauseated..
09-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ummm, well, I was shooting almost straight up at a flock of geese one evening when my camera and I both "got goosed". I'll leave the interpretation to your imagination but I will say I sure wish I'd been using a WR lens that day! Would'a been a lot easier to clean.

H2
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 

Last edited by pacerr; 09-08-2010 at 08:31 AM.
09-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Found this in the dictionary (think it's derogatory, and take this at face value):

A verb, which means to grab someone between their butt cheeks and to squeeze, almost with an intent to hurt, although it is often done in a joking, playful manner between friends. The most common way to goose someone is with the fingers and thumb of one hand. The fingers grab from the bottom, and the thumb from the top. Then, in an upwards, and squeezing motion, you goose them. It is normally done while the "receiver" is wearing clothes, although there is no reason why it couldn't be done without clothes.
doh

lmao

09-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
Veteran Member

just to add to the knowlegebase... grabbing someones pants and lifting rapidly is a wedgie. Works best if you can just grab their underpants...
09-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is purely hearsay as I don't beat on l'il round things with a stick, but I'm told there's a "two-goose" handicap in golf. The handicapped player gets a "goose" early in the round and the second "goose" is reserved as a threat for a critical point later in the round. Apparently it has some affect on the final score.

SR is said to not overcome flinching in this particular case.

H2