Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Quick and Dirty Lights...

So in two weeks I am doing a charity fashion shoot... it costs each photo/model $60 to get in... everything is fully released between the two and the local charity...

They have 15 models with black evening wear and this HUGE crazy pink hair... all for breast cancer... it is a free for all for 90 mins... like at a fashion show... get what you can!!! As there will be many more photogs than models...

I like to draw out my lighting... so I attached it below...

If I can pluck a model to the side, beside a window... I hope to have a small light weight tri-pod, with radio flash, a dish and I'll have three cameras in my bag... I know all this fits nicely into my small photog bag...

I'll only break out the MF if I have lots of room, if not... MX/50 is my goto BW mood shots... and KX/70 is for faces/hair

or should I scrape this and just use the flash bracket?

I am thinking some pink accent lighting will work great... bouncing off the black dresses, playing in the hair, etc...

thought? critics? advice?

Attached Images

09-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't help you...wish I could, it would mean I knew something about portrait lighting, but I am just now trying to learn.
When you get your shots, please post some I would love to see them!
Best Regards!
09-13-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Think about getting a silver or white reflector if there is sunlight and have someone hold it for you.

Otherwise, practice in similar lighting set up before you go so you don't waste time experimenting on site.