Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
evil k-mount

Since nobody bit in another thread about this idea I started a new one here. Would it be possible to incorporate a glass element in an evil body to reduce the registration distance of existing k-mount lenses, thus reducing the body depth?

Thanks All
Shu
(thinking of changing my name to "ThreadKiller")

09-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It would probably be possible. It would be a negative teleconverter, in that, rather than increasing the focal length, it would decrease it.

However, like teleconverters, it would degrade the image. I don't think anyone would buy a camera that, in normal use can be counted on to reduce the IQ of their lenses.

But then, what do I know?

Paul
09-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
That glass element would very likely reduce the image quality..just like all the FD adapters.

I really hope there EVIL will be K mount and able to re-use all the current Pentax small K-mount lens.
09-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
It would probably be possible. It would be a negative teleconverter, in that, rather than increasing the focal length, it would decrease it.

However, like teleconverters, it would degrade the image. I don't think anyone would buy a camera that, in normal use can be counted on to reduce the IQ of their lenses.

But then, what do I know?

Paul

Well, you certainly know more than I ever will. I just know how to push that shutter button . . . .

09-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you wanted to build an EVIL like system but wanted to use a shorter registration dissents like a rangefinder system it would make more sense to just build it with the shorter registration and build an extension ring at the same time to use existing lenses. This way you could use both old and new lenses. If you use a shorter registration you can always make it longer. This is possible and practical. If it is what happens is more marketing then anything.

DAZ
09-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Similar to the NEX, which has a thick adaptor to match registration for Minolta/Alpha lenses. Their error (in my mind) is that they went to lens-IS in the new e-mount, therefore making the old glass as unstable as CaNikon. Trouble is, a thin body and SR are hard to do together.. but something thinner is do-able.
09-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I think extending mount is better. One that drives in while not shooting or for special evil-only lenses and extends to standard K-mount distance for shooting. Like a 2 position, variable, motor driven macro ring.