Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #1

Have you gotten your rebate check?

Not sure it this is the right forum for this. If it needs to be moved, please advise.

===============

I've read a couple posts from people who complain about not getting rebates.

Wondering, before I buy, how widespread this problem is.

What is your experience?

TIA!/Scottax1

09-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by scottax1 Quote
Not sure it this is the right forum for this. If it needs to be moved, please advise.

===============

What is your experience?

TIA!/Scottax1
I have not received mine, although the pentax rebate site shows that it is scheduled to mail to me the first week in october. Have you checked:

rebatestatus.com - Search
09-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
Ed in GA

===============

What is your experience?

TIA!/Scottax1

I've submitted 7 rebate requests and have gotten all of them. Cross your t's, dot your i's and follow the directions and you should have no problems at all.
09-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #4

According to the tracker, mine is due the middle of this month. They've been good (but slow) before.

Larry in Dallas

09-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I got mine, no problem. It did take the full 10 weeks though, almost to the day.
09-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

i received 3 and it took about 10 weeks for each
09-04-2007, 11:36 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I should probably mail mine in

09-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I sent of a form for the rebate on the 16-45mm a day or 2 before they changed rebate processors (1 July). That one does not show in the system and no one seems to want to answer where it is. They won't even say if the forms going to the old processor were forwarded to the new guys. Thats $100 on the line there and I'm sorta pissed off about it. Hopefully they will answer my latest inquiry...

The rebate for my K10D is listed as "being processed" but its only been there about a month.

Previously I've gotten a couple of rebates that both took right at 10 weeks...

Last edited by MRRiley; 09-04-2007 at 03:02 PM.
09-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

My rebate took just about 8 weeks. I got it on the 24th of August.
09-04-2007, 03:10 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I've gotten both of my rebates. In fact the last one (for the DA 40 Limited) they sent me an email telling me when they received my rebate form, and another when they processed it.

No problems here!
09-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Had A Problem, But Pentax Came Through

What is your experience?
I have submitted a number of rebates to Pentax over the past few years. I received all but one within the 10 week time frame.

The first rebate processor that Pentax used (Express Rebates?) went out of business. Pentax switched to a new company and they have had some minor delays, but I did receive one rebate from them. I think they have recovered from the disaster of the first, failed company.

In my case, one of my rebates was sent to the old company just before they went under. They processed it but never sent a check and never forwarded the computer record to the new processor. I tried calling the new company and they couldn't help. I called the old company (or at least what remains of them) and they gave me the run-around ("our computer system has been down for a month and it might get fixed at some point in the future.") I called them again 3 weeks later and got the same brush-off. It was about 17 weeks after I mailed the rebate form, and it looked like I was out $50.

I finally called Pentax sales in Colorado and they were very helpful. I sent them copies of the rebate form and supporting documents and received a check in about 2 weeks. I appreciate that Pentax did the right thing and paid the rebate.
09-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I have not got mine yet. I guess I should really check on it. I have 5 rebates pending
09-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #13

Rebates. Good,, Bad?

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Hyde Quote
I have not got mine yet. I guess I should really check on it. I have 5 rebates pending
I sent in two rebates three weeks ago tomorrow. I looked on the site that has the search function and got nothing!

It just seems to me that two weeks is enough time for mail to reach a business and be processed. Then allowing another two weeks and we should have our money. So one month time should be enough!

I believe the deal is that the various company's, who offer rebates agree, with the company that they contract with, that Pentax or who ever the company is, will pay the rebate company the rebate money as soon as the rebate forms land on the desk of the processing company. Then by delaying to pay out to the customer the rebate company can put the money in the bank and draw interest on it till we get our checks and cash them. There for, it is in the rebate companys interest to not pay quickly.

Just a thought.
09-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Hyde Quote

I just checked the Pentax rebate site and all my rebates have been received and processed. checks supposed to mailed mid September
09-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #15
Veteran Member

This thread just reminded me that I sent my rebate form in back in April and haven't heard a thing. I just checked and there was no record of it. I sent an inquiry, but I have a feeling this will be a royal pain in the ass. Great. Just what I need.