Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2010, 08:42 AM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by music_lover Quote
fine it's removeD

try to help those less expereinced. NO, that's not possible.
I.m going to be be buying me a Nikon anyway.
I don't think its about Pentaxians here. You can't go posting wrong advice on a Nikon forum either...

When you're out photographing what you should really care about is aperture. That affects depth of field and bokeh which are primary contributing factors to an image. ISO can only negatively affect noise and dynamic range. In essence you should always strive for the lowest ISO possible in any image no matter what lighting. You don't need a set of guidelines like this because your camera's meter already tells you if you need to up the ISO.

09-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #17
Inactive Account

ISO should be the last consideration as there really isn't anything "artistic" about your choice of ISO whereas aperture and shutter speed have a more tangible impact on the image.

Your list isn't as bad as the "rule of thumb" that says your f/# should be equal to the number of people in the shot. THAT is an utterly useless guideline that completely misses the point of depth-of-field.

In the days of film when you had to pick ONE speed for the roll, I guess your list made a little sense.
09-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Closed - this is going in the wrong direction.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread