Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #1

Class 4 vs Class 6 (SDHC)

I ruined my only memory card, I think because I formatted it too much. It's probably been formatted 300 times. And once or twice I took it out of the camera while it was still on. Plus it was some off-brand (Transcend). Oh well. Lesson learned. It was dumb of me to buy one 32GB card and not four 8GB cards.

My new SanDisk cards (30mbs transfer speeds) arrive tomorrow but I'm itching to shoot photos today. I'm thinking about grabbing an overpriced but affordable Class 4 SanDisk (8GBs or maybe only 4) at Staples to tide me over. Will a Class 4 card work if I use my camera in burst-shooting mode? I have a K-x if that matters.

Staples doesn't even carry Class 6. WTF.

09-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I use class 4 SanDisk cards and have never had a problem shooting in burst mode or shooting video.
09-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use class 6 cards, either Sandisk Extreme III's or PNY on my K10 since they are fast enough to keep up with the data transfer rate of my camera and they are high quality cards. I also use 2 gb cards so I don't gamble all of my photos on one card. Using Raw+, I can get about 100 photos on one card, so I don't think that it's a sacrifice. I don't think that I would buy another "cheap" card.
09-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #4

Original Poster
I went with SanDisk 6. Surprisingly slower to upload than my Class 6 Transcend card but then again my Transcend card completely crapped out after 3 months (~12,000 pics).