Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2010, 10:46 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Who would like to see a wedding photography section on the forum?

It seems like the topic of wedding photography is popping up more and more and with the advancement of Pentax cameras I believe it will continue to be a popular topic. There are a lot of Pentaxians that have a wealth of experience that we could all learn from. It would be great to have a place on the forum where those of us involved in wedding photography can discuss, share and critique. What do you think?

Last edited by montman; 09-25-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
09-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I would dig it
10-01-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I would love to see such a section. I saw your last wedding and was VERY impressed. Both yours and your wifes vision and creativity show. Very nice.

I have been wanting to begin shooting weddings and have been torn as to whether I should buy into one of the full frame cameras - and now your shots (and all the work on your website) have me encouraged to possibly try this. GREAT STUFF!

I am more and more leaning toward really developing a k5 into such a tool - with its improved AF (?), DR. low noise capabilities

My lenses are

16-45 unbelievably sharp
31 (the best lens between 25mm and 34mm ever made?)
58 Nokton (superb especially for still life/bokeh shots - but manual focus????)
85 f2 (manual focus)
135 K 2.5 (manual focus but superb)

What I would like to add
Tam 17-50 (dont trust sdm long term)
70 maybe (focuses faster/better than 77?) - maybe 50-150 replaces it
sig 50-150 or tam 70-200
10-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
Forum Member

I think it could be helpful.

10-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We have a professional photography/business section- it's appropriate for wedding topics as well.
10-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Adam- My bad, I have never noticed that section. I just thought it was a description for General Photography I did not know you could click on it. Good to know. Thanks!

Inspector 17- Thank you, my wife and I are still very new to wedding photography some of the guys on here have 20+ years of experience. I envy you for the 31 and 77. I only use the 50-135 for ceremony shots, I prefer shooting primes but that is jus me. I must admit I just bought a 5D Mark II for my wife so it will be interesting to see what she thinks. I figure if we don’t like it we can sell it back and loose about $500 on the deal, about the cost to rent it and some lenses. I am very eager to see how the k-5 performs, it very well may be an amazing camera for wedding photography.
10-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
Ira
Inactive Account

Not me:

The divorces are much more interesting photographically.
10-04-2010, 01:07 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Can we replace the Politics section with it?

10-04-2010, 04:00 AM   #9
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Not me:

The divorces are much more interesting photographically.
I suppose they'd be a lot more passionate...
Ever had a divorce photography gig yet? If so, let's see some images!
10-04-2010, 04:01 AM   #10
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Can we replace the Politics section with it?
Now you're talking...
But then the vented anger in those threads may overflow into others... don't know if that's a good thing.
03-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #11
kashif

Hi..
i am a photographer and i want given some ideas for about wedding photography can any budy share me your ideas
03-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm not into wedding photography but I think having a section for it would highlight how capable a Pentax is in those situations. Establishing the sub-forum could mark a the start of a turning point for Pentax. We can play with the big boys too!
04-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by Inspector 17 Quote
I would love to see such a section. I saw your last wedding and was VERY impressed. Both yours and your wifes vision and creativity show. Very nice.

I have been wanting to begin shooting weddings and have been torn as to whether I should buy into one of the full frame cameras - and now your shots (and all the work on your website) have me encouraged to possibly try this. GREAT STUFF!

I am more and more leaning toward really developing a k5 into such a tool - with its improved AF (?), DR. low noise capabilities

My lenses are

16-45 unbelievably sharp
31 (the best lens between 25mm and 34mm ever made?)
58 Nokton (superb especially for still life/bokeh shots - but manual focus????)
85 f2 (manual focus)
135 K 2.5 (manual focus but superb)

What I would like to add
Tam 17-50 (dont trust sdm long term)
70 maybe (focuses faster/better than 77?) - maybe 50-150 replaces it
sig 50-150 or tam 70-200
The Pentax K5 is sufficient enough to make any Bride happy with the quality of her pics. I would recommend that for your first shoot you go as a second shooter. If possible get involved before the first shutter has clicked. I would estimate from personal experience that more than 70% of wedding photography is in the preparation and post wedding (processing, Bride choosing pictures and final delivery). Only 30% of the time will you have a camera in your hands.Of that 30%, probably 10% of that will be in organising groups and dashing from one place to another. Another 10% will be spent waiting for events to unfold. I shoot weddings for money, I shoot everything else for fun. I have used a Sony A200, A Cannon EOS 50D?, A Nikon D300s and a Nikon D700. I now use a K5 and a K5 IIs and in my opinion it is the best of the lot. Best of Luck.
04-09-2014, 05:55 PM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian

My youngest daughter got married in Feb. and I did most of the photos with my K5 along with my oldest daughter with a Nikon D200. Both cameras did quite well and probably 90% of the shots were usable in regards to exposure and being in focus. The stressful part of weddings is not whether the camera or lens is capable, It's getting well composed shots. The biggest shot killer is people with their eyes closed. Photobombs in the background happen a lot. Receptions are completely unpredictable. It's chaos with all the relatives firing off their smart phone cameras and P&S's with the flashes and messing up your shot. We obsess so much as to whether our cameras or lenses are good enough. Any modern DSLR is good enough. A good wedding photographer has to know where to be at the right moment and get that shot. No second chances. The posed shots are the easy part.
04-30-2014, 05:37 AM   #15

I've gone a few Weddings, even had a couple pay me to travel back(we met when I lived in NY and worked with them, then I moved to KY) to do their wedding. Their wedding was done with my K100D, I did 3 or 4 weddings with my K1000 before DSLR's were at a decent price. I'm by no means a professional but I'll start online albums and start getting them uploaded.