Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Canon 540EZ on Pentax *ist Ds?

A guy locally has a Canon 540EZ for $55. Seems like a nice flash. Will it work with my Pentax? Right now I'm using a $40 Sunpak flash or something like that. This would be an improvement, for sure, and at a good price, I think, if it would work.

09-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #2

I don't know if the contacts are the same as my 299T but they don't match up with the K100D. The two contacts on the back of the foot are about 2mm short of touching the rear contacts on the camera.
09-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
ah.....seems like camera manufacturers would make similar things so that theirproduct could be used by more people. but then, someone culd buy something that you don't make, which is a "bad thing" according to companies.

Does anyone have this flash for a Canon rig that could tell me if it'll fit? Because I know some of you all here use Canon's too....
09-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #4

That would be nice but it's similar to the automotive world. A starter for a Volvo won't fit on a Chevy truck.

09-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
It probably wont work, however, try the strobist

www.strobist.com

and learn about a new way of lighting.

I use Vivitar 285s for my K10D and works fine.

PS
09-06-2007, 10:33 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
What you are saying is that with a wireless rig (like pocket wizards or the "ebay wireless" triggers) I wouldn't have any problems? That's a thought....but that means spending $40ish on the cheaper chinese triggers along with $55 for the flash and I don't have that much money lying around.

If it won't work, it won't work. In thenext few months I want to get some of the cheapo triggers anyways, to use with myc urrent flash, and I'll keep thatin mind for this flash purchase. Thanks!
09-07-2007, 04:25 AM   #7
Inactive Account

I have managed to hack up some flashs from Nikons etc to work with those Wireless triggers from Ebay.

I have to say that I am very impressed with the triggers. I use them with my studio lights as well as flash's.

If you get a flash that is TTL etc and it wont fire with one of those triggers, Open up the foot of the flash and disconnect all wires bar the outside collar wire and the centre pin. (Use a small wire to jump the collar wire and the pins to find the centre pin.) The flash should now out put via remote

Moose