Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think the new rebate company may be working better than the old one. I sent in my rebate forms (totalling $200) in mid September; I just checked online and my rebate is in the processing stage, for the correct amount, and the cheque is scheduled to be mailed on October 10th. So far, it's looking good

10-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #32

Rebate Problems, thankfully avoided

I have kept up with this thread because I have always viewed rebate programs as somewhat fishy. I am happy to report that after only four weeks of waiting my entire rebate came in the mail, no questions asked. (Mailed rebate form 1st week of August, received rebate the first week of Sept.)
10-12-2007, 09:29 AM   #33
Veteran Member

From rebatestatus.com: Your rebate check was mailed on 10-Oct-2007. Please allow at least 30 days for delivery.

Woohoo!

Although...I'm now at the mercy of USPS...

Last edited by Miserere; 10-12-2007 at 09:38 AM.
10-12-2007, 04:13 PM   #34
Veteran Member

I have gotten 4 rebates so far. The rebates are slow, to slow, but they do come...

10-12-2007, 05:01 PM   #35
Inactive Account

I just got my $50 rebate on my zoom lens. I couldn't believe it given my experience with my first rebate. Actually, it was pretty quick.
10-13-2007, 11:54 AM   #36

After all of the comments on rebate problems, I was expecting a long wait or problems. I sent in my rebate request on Sept 5 and received it today, 5 weeks and 3 days later. As rebates go, I think that's pretty good service.
10-14-2007, 04:12 PM   #37
Forum Member

Just received my rebate yesterday. Wasn't suppose to mail untill the 17th. Now, what to spend it on?

10-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
From rebatestatus.com: Your rebate check was mailed on 10-Oct-2007. Please allow at least 30 days for delivery.

Woohoo!

Although...I'm now at the mercy of USPS...
Got my rebate cheque on Saturday

This means the whole process (from me sending it till I received the cheque) took about 4 weeks, which is pretty damn good, if you ask me.

If anyone cares, I had 4 rebates, and I sent them all on one single rebate form. I've read of some people sending a form for each rebate, but I think it's better to do it together. I stuck the UPC codes with tape to the form, and made a photocopy of it before sending it off. I also sent the envelope by registered post, that way they can't pretend to never have received it.

Good luck to everyone else!
10-17-2007, 09:22 AM   #39
Forum Member

I received my $50 rebate for a K100D, this was 2 weeks before it was supposed to be sent. It took about 6 weeks to get.
11-06-2007, 07:40 PM   #40
Pentaxian

I had no problems with 3 or 4 rebates in the past year, until this last one....

I sent this info...

Store: Adorama, Purchase Date: 03/26/2007
Manufacturer: Pentax, Product: 12-24mmm zoom lens
Rebate Amt: 100, Rebate Submitted: 05/07/2007
Additional Info: This was on backorder for some time and I received it mid April.

------>>>Claim scan attached <<<<------------------ (My emphasis)

They said...

"Dear Pentax Consumer:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the status of your rebate. We regret to inform you that we have been unable to locate your rebate submission in our system. Although we were not able to locate your record in our system we may still be able to assist you with obtaining your rebate if you are able to provide copies of your submission information. If you have retained copies of your rebate form and sales receipt, you may fax them to the number at the end of this email, or mail them to us at:

If you wish, you can also send your documents via email as an attachment only. Acceptable forms of attachments include .jpg, .gif, .pdf. Unfortunately, we cannot accept documents that are embedded within your email."

-Leanne

I said...

Hi Leanne:

I'm pretty sure I sent the attached file with my previous inquiry.

-K

They said....

"Dear Pentax Consumer:

Thank you for submitting copies of your rebate submission documentation via --->>>>fax<<<---(My emphasis). We regret to inform you that the documentation you provided was either insufficient due to not receiving your rebate form.

. If you have retained a copy of your rebate form, you may re-fax them to the number at the end of this email."

I faxed the email history and scan last week. Today, I get this email from "Stacy":

"Dear Pentax Consumer:

Thank you for submitting copies of your rebate submission documentation via fax. We regret to inform you that the documentation you provided was either insufficient or incorrect due to you only submitted copies of our email correspondances.

Although we are not able to process your rebate request for submission at this point in time, we may still be able to resubmit your request for processing if you are able to provide copies of the needed information. If you have retained a copy of your documents, you may re-fax them to the number at the end of this email.

If you wish, you can also send your documents via email as an attachment only. Acceptable forms of attachments include .jpg"

I replied with a "you idiots" email, and will call tomorrow.

I just realized the problem. Although I sent the barcode and receipt (the important stuff) I did not send a copy of a simple fill in the blank rebate form.
11-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I had no problems with 3 or 4 rebates in the past year, until this last one....

I sent this info...

Store: Adorama, Purchase Date: 03/26/2007
Manufacturer: Pentax, Product: 12-24mmm zoom lens
Rebate Amt: 100, Rebate Submitted: 05/07/2007
Additional Info: This was on backorder for some time and I received it mid April.

------>>>Claim scan attached <<<<------------------ (My emphasis)

They said... "we're morons"

Special K said... "you're idiots too"
Hope you sort it out! $100 is no joke.
11-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #42
Pentaxian

Actually, I called today. They have resubmitted the rebate claim, and I only have to wait...8-10 weeks again :-)

Edit - Got the check a few days ago. Yay!

Last edited by SpecialK; 12-07-2007 at 05:40 PM.
11-08-2007, 06:38 AM   #43
Veteran Member

I am throroughly disappointed/disgusted with this whole process. I purchased my K100D from Ritz Camera on 9/1/07. I filled out the proper rebate form for the $50 rebate. I included the original UPC -- actually stapled the UPC to the rebate form so it would not be lost. About 2 weeks later, I received an email telling me that the claim could not be processed because..."you failed to include the original UPC." I immediately called the toll-free number and talked to "Debra". I explained to her that I had indeed included the originial UPC, and had in fact stapled it to the form. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes, finally came back and said she would send it back through processing (gave me a new submission #), and I should have my check within 4-6 weeks. Great! Not so fast. Recieved a card this past Monday informing me that my request could not be processed because...."you failed to include the original UPC." WTF??? I called the toll-free number again, spoke with "Barbara", and was told that they could not accept a photo copy of the photo copy I made before I mailed the form.

I love the camera, and would have bought it rebate or not. However, since the rebate was offered, and I did what I was supposed to do, I am entitled to the rebate and would like to have it. There is a web blog put up by Ned Bunnel (think he is a Pentax VP) with a letter regarding the rebate process. I posted my problem on the blog, but no answer to date. I understand he is a busy individual, but I'm not sure why you put up a blog telling people to post their thoughts if you weren't going to answer.

Bottom line is, I am out $50.
11-08-2007, 06:46 AM   #44
Forum Member

I for one vote to OUTLAW mail in rebates!! Let's put into law INSTANT rebates!!....Jim

(from one who was burnt many times on mail in rebates)not Pentax
11-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #45
Forum Member

I sent in a rebate for 4 items, $300 total. A few weeks later they sent me an email to say they'd be sending me my rebate for $225. I called them up and they ended up running through a separate rebate for $75 as well. I've got my $225 check in hand after about 5 weeks, and the other one says it's in the mail.

So it could've been smoother, but it definitely could have been worse.