Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2007, 02:20 PM   #46
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Well being I started this thread back in early September, I figured I should end it. I had to re-submit my rebate by fax. I did not hear back for quite some time and kind of gave up on it. About 10 days ago, I received my $50 rebate for my K10D body. So all is well I guess.

11-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Unfortunately, I don't think I will ever get my $50 rebate. I posted earlier about receiving an email about the UPC not being attached (it was stapled to the form). I talked to Pentax and they gave me a new submission #, then I got a 2nd rejection email. Sad to think Pentax would screw someone out of $50. I even posted on Ned Bunnell's blog, but he never responded. So much for his post about wanting Pentax customers to be happy. Yeah, right.

On the bright side, I did receive the $20 Lexar rebate yesterday for the sd card purchased the same time as the K100D. Originally got the same "no UPC email", but also talked to Lexar explaining that I had stapled the UPC and they stepped up to the plate.
11-29-2007, 08:15 AM   #48
Forum Member

As for Pentax and the lack of concern for their customers rebates...I have my 2 cents to add...

these posts are all picked up by major search engines and I do read them before I buy a product. I saw one post about rebate problems even before buying my K100D, but it was not this bad...just slow getting it.

If i do a Google search "pentax reabte problems" all these blogs come up, I would probably be the proud owner of different brand. I personaly received my rebate pretty fast btw,..

Pentax knows you bought the camera, but makes you jump hoops (us) to obtain it, they should do instant rebates....I am happy so far with my Pentax and rebates....Jim
11-30-2007, 02:52 PM   #49

Normally how long can you see the rebate status from rebatestatus.com - Search
after you submit your rebate? I have submitted my $100 rebate for my K100D super kit for 3 weeks, but haven't seen any status on their website yet. I have contact them twice, no response at all.

12-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #50
Inactive Account

my rebate was submitted roughly the same time as yours (3 wks ago) and the status for my rebate has yet to be posted on their website as well.
12-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #51
Inactive Account

update: just received an email from Pentax Imaging stating my rebate submission has been received and i should receive my rebate approx. 1-8-2008. Funny thing though --the rebate status is still not showing on their status page. fwiw, I did email their customer service dept about my rebate status so maybe that helped.
12-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #52

I sent in a summer rebate back in september. Finally received notice on their website it was mailed on November 7th. Now December 15th, still no check. Have emailed them about it, but doubt it will do much good.

The holiday rebate I sent in back in October finally showed up and shows a mailing date of January 2nd, but who knows....................

01-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hm, the service must be better now, I just sent my rebate forms in on Dec 21 i believe, and here is what i saw on the rebatestatus.com site I like it !!

01-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have never had a problem with the rebates. In fact I just received an e-mail from Pentax saying that my rebate I mailed around December 18 is being processed and I should be getting it by February 8, 2008.
01-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #55

QuoteOriginally posted by txbonds Quote
I sent in a summer rebate back in september. Finally received notice on their website it was mailed on November 7th. Now December 15th, still no check. Have emailed them about it, but doubt it will do much good.

The holiday rebate I sent in back in October finally showed up and shows a mailing date of January 2nd, but who knows....................

Latest update on mine:

Summer rebate that never showed up: I called and they stop ordered the check and entered it for processing of a new check. That was back in mid December. The website tracking initially said the new check would go out January 16th, but that has disappeared and now it gives a generic message that it is being processed and to check back for status. Has been that way for a week or more now.

The holiday rebate initially showed mailing date of January 2nd, as it showed up in mid December. Now it shows it is being processed and to check back for status. Has also been that way for a week or more now.

Not exactly sure what is going on with them. I guess they are trying to wear me down. The summer rebate has been going on now for almost 5 months and in that time has had one stop order and supposedly a second check being issued. We will see.

The holiday rebate has been going on for close to 3 months since I mailed it like October 22nd, so I guess we will see also.

If they come within a one year period I guess I should feel blessed and know better next time with regards to buying based on pentax rebates.
01-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #56
Inactive Account

Rebate

Well, I sent my rebate form off today. K100D Super.

As suggested in this forum, I sent it "Certified".

We'll see. Some of the posts in this thread are pretty discouraging.

Bill
01-10-2008, 04:33 AM   #57
Veteran Member

Sad to say, but I have never gotten my $50 rebate and I don't think I ever will.
01-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Whew, you guys scared me for a second...$125 is nothing to scoff at.

Do they use an outside company to process them? Or they do and just post on pentaximaging/rebates?