Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #16
Forum Member

I wonder if Pentax monitors these forums and takes note to the lack of concern for it's customers, some seem to get their rebates, yet really slow, some dont seem to get them at all, I personaly will never buy another product if my rebate doesnt comes in, as for the copy, I have it, but they wanted the ORIGIAL receit and UPC, I no longer have them, just a copy! HP screwed me up good as did the Postal service ripping an envolope and ruing the postmark (it came back to me for being ripped where the envolope was un-readable)some just was forgotten as I never heard from them again...I personaly hate rebates and relying on them, as for the time to process money, the rebate etc etc as someone suggest, that is NO Excuses for 3-6 or more months either.

09-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I got burned once on a rebate for a Norton anti-virus package I bought at Best Buy. They had the product advertised in the Sunday paper and it was a big selling point for it. I payed like $100 for the software and was supposed to get two $25 rebates back. After alot of phone calls and much griping ,I recieved one $25 rebate, but not the other. I will never buy Norton stuff again.
09-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by hinckc Quote
I never calculate the rebate into the "price", unless it's an instant rebate. If I have to give money, then that's the price. If it wasn't why did they take my money?...

-Chris
That's my philosophy exactly. So far I've submitted two Pentax rebates, both for lenses. Received the first fairly quick. The second was submitted sometime in June but nothing yet. I guess it's about time to give them a call but I'm not loosing any sleep over it. I'm very happy with the lenses, regardless of what the price is I actually wind up paying. If I didn't like the product, any price I paid is way too much.

Richard
09-14-2007, 10:24 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
I have used the Pentax rebate offer three times, no problems, just a very long wait.
That's been my experience, too, and I've gotten a bunch of rebates from Pentax in the last year.

Will

09-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #20
Forum Member

Just got an email confirming receipt of my rebate. Hope all goes well. When cutting out the UPCs, I noticed on the K10D, the UPC says 'Kit', althought I did not buy the kit. So far so good! Hope to spend it on a Donke shoulder bag, as my current case is getting to small for all my gear now.
09-15-2007, 10:54 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Stewart ???

Stewart- are you saying the funds to pay the rebates are generated by the interest paid on short term deposits consisting of the actual rebate monies?
09-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #22
Inactive Account

2 things...

Stewart is correct. The rebate program creates an interest bearing short term account to offset the cost of actually rebating the money to the purchaser. In addition, these companies bank on those consumers not following thru with the rebates, or not following thru accurately. A great majority of rebates are never even claimed.

2nd, I read somewhere (I think the Pentax website) that Pentax recently changed their rebate processing company. Perhaps that is adding to the issue.

I've been burned on rebates before to the point where I probably get carried away. When I do a rebate now, I get everything together including the addressed and stamped envelope with UPC on top of the paperwork stapled, and then I take a picture of the entire 'package' to demonstrate I had everything together and ready to go.

09-16-2007, 10:41 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I too am having probs w/ my rebate that I submitted several months ago. After complaining to the original rebate center for around a month, I was informed that they are no longer handling Pentax rebates and was informed to contact Pentax. I emailed Pentax and guess what... no response.

I've spoken to several people about the merits of Pentax some of whom have bought Pentax cams, but with this level of customer service, I doubt I will be able to say positive things about the company anymore without a fair resolution to this matter.

And yes, I did photocopy all documents and have sent these documents TWICE to the rebate center to no avail.
09-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #24
Forum Member

Tips to successfully receive you rebate:

1. Print clearly - USPS uses computers to read the address off of envelopes, which will place a bar code for routing. Also, your name or address may be entered incorrectly into the rebate system when you don't write letters clearly.

2. Paper clip - Clip together all your documents for your rebate, to make sure the UPC does not fall out when it is opened. Place the UPC on top of everything.
09-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #25
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I just got off the phone with the rebate center. They had me on hold for 45 minutes. They said I can fax the copy of the UPC to them. I asked them why there are so many problems with rebates not going through. She said they recently switched to a new rebate company. I'll see what happens now after I fax it to them again.
09-19-2007, 07:44 AM   #26
Inactive Account

Original Poster
One thing I noticed after looking at my K10D kit boxes is that, yes, I did send in the UPC for the box for the body only. Maybe they wanted the UPC that was on the bottom of the whole kit box which I never sent. I will re-submit both and see what happens. They said I could do so by fax.
09-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #27

Rejoice! My two rebate checks came in the mail on 9/18. I mailed the forms in June but, at least, it looks like the new contractor is up and running.
09-21-2007, 05:54 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I've always received my rebates but I swore never to buy anything with a rebate unless it is INSTANT.

QUESTION: What is or is considered Grey market or parallel imports????
09-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
Stewart- are you saying the funds to pay the rebates are generated by the interest paid on short term deposits consisting of the actual rebate monies?

Well, since Jack basically answered your question, I'll add that things are often a bit more complicated then that - monies transferred to and from other company accounts, tax laws impacting these special accounts, and so on. But, ultimately, the money for rebates are typically offset by the interest on the funds deposited.

stewart
09-25-2007, 11:14 AM   #30
Forum Member

Camera Stolen

Yesterday I got an email from Pentax's rebate center saying I would get mine in Nov, but my Camera was STOLEN last week, so I may recover $50 of it...

I had no renters insurance either...