Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by emisor73 Quote
I´d keep the K7, K 20 is awsome but it´s behind now, the upgrading will give you more high ISO margin so....

Deep inside you, you just canñt get rid of your K20 isn´t it? It happens to me with me K10 (Iwill keep it for ever)

Good luck!
I'll never part with my K20D. She's 'my first' and I'll keep her forever. ;-)

10-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Naturenut Quote
I'll never part with my K20D. She's 'my first' and I'll keep her forever. ;-)
I feel the same way about my K10D. Hell, I just fired it up yesterday as a backup for my photoshoot... but it felt good... I also realized how I didn't miss that old shutter sound.
10-22-2010, 06:04 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Gotta make a choice soon.

This"terrible"K5" has me all worked up and I need now to decide which of my two cameras to keep:

1. my trusty K20D which actually is the present workhorse for my bird photography? Better low light handling -- I can use ISO 1250 easily and not encountering much noise at all, at least easily PP'd. Got the grip for that one.
2. my K7 which is the top notch camera for anything else but low light/high ISO pictures! Love the ergonomics, it's fast, lots of great features ... too many to number them all. Also got the grip with it, so that would work well with the K5.

Anyone else in the same "boat"?

JP
I am on the same boat. Thinking of selling K20D and buy K-r then using the K7 & K-r for a while. When the price of K5 dropped and may be the K5 MkII come in then sell the K7 and get the K5. Still not decide yet.
10-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by unclepan Quote
I am on the same boat. Thinking of selling K20D and buy K-r then using the K7 & K-r for a while. When the price of K5 dropped and may be the K5 MkII come in then sell the K7 and get the K5. Still not decide yet.
I wouldn't count on a "MarkII" follow up to the K5 anytime soon!
Sure, there will always be a more sophisticated camera but it's just like buying a computer: you have to make a choice based on what you NEED and that choice has to do for a few years, at least.

That's my goal with the K5, unlike what I did when I bought the K7 just last year.

Cheers.

JP

10-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I'd say to keep the K20. You'll still keep your tethering and the hi-ISO is definitely better. But the confusing thing is, yes the K20 has better low-light capabilities but its tougher for it to shoot in those environments than the K-7. So would you prefer noisier but more kept shots or less noisy near misses?

Sorry about throwing in the monkey wrench. :-)
10-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jboyde Quote
I'd say to keep the K20. You'll still keep your tethering and the hi-ISO is definitely better. But the confusing thing is, yes the K20 has better low-light capabilities but its tougher for it to shoot in those environments than the K-7. So would you prefer noisier but more kept shots or less noisy near misses?

Sorry about throwing in the monkey wrench. :-)
Arrgghh! You are just rubbing it in, aren't you?
I am interpreting your reply as : "Keep everything!" ..

Cheers.

JP
01-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #22
Forum Member

After reading through this thread, if it were me, I'd keep them all. That way I can look back at all the great work the Pentax cameras have done, camera after camera.

Besides, I don't see the point in upgrading to a new camera every year, it seems like every time Pentax releases a new camera into the market people start to look down at the previous models they once raved about. Seems like no one can be satisfied with what they have.

Last edited by liquid0; 01-21-2011 at 10:32 PM.