Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2007, 11:28 AM   #1
Keebler

Algonquin Park - where to go?

Hi,

For you fellow North Americans (mostly Canadians I guess), question for you:

I'm thinking of heading from the Ottawa area in a few weeks, early in the A.m., to cruise into Algonquin Park. No canoe...just my vehicle and my legs. Wondering if there are any roads/trails which might be better for snapping pics of moose?

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers,
Keebler

09-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Can't really help you..but I did a quick search and found this thread on another photography forum that might prove somewhat helpful.

Luminous Landscape Forum > Algonquin Park -- Moose
09-13-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

For the occasional day trip, stop into the park entrance house and get maps; there are a lot of hiking trails of all difficulties and kilometers. Moose are hit and miss, parking your butt and watching near water may be rewarding, but so may be the road out of the park when you leave: both have moosed for me.
09-14-2007, 06:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I'm heading there in a couple of weeks as well. Going for the fall colours, so if anyone has any tips that way....

My dad & I went in last year around this time. Saw one moose, along the highway. By the time we got the car stopped and setup, just got one blurry picture of a moose's rear end heading back in the bush.