Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm Definitely Watching Too Many Photography Videos

I'm sitting there with my new DSLR in my hand yesterday trying out the various program modes taking junk pics to test it all out and all of a sudden I distinctly hear a man's voice saying "Fill the frame!" in my head!

I actually wasn't too sure half of what I've been watching and reading was sinking into my head but I think some of it must be if I'm getting "reminder" messages from my subconscious, lol. (It's either that or some long dead photographer tutoring me from the great beyond. ;P)

In this case actually I think it was Bryan Petersen video I was subliminally recalling. Our library has a copy and I've watched it a couple of times now, but it really made me laugh. It was like I had a teacher there in the room with me telling me to quit goofing off and to take the time for the "right" shot.

10-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oo-err, Spooky!! These videos are getting through to you.
10-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
It had better be sinking in somewhere. I'm practically going brain dead from watching all of them over the summer. My new teacher is really big on tutorial videos. He had me watch about 25 of them this summer before I even started shooting with him. Now we're actively training and it's like I am in college all over again and these videos are my homework. Every week we do three or four and then he quizzes me, then we go out to shoot and try to apply whatever they were about.

I was a bit worried that I'd just learn it and lose it, like I used to do with math each semester when I was in grade school, but I figure if my subconscious can remember enough to "remind" me when I am just playing with my new gear then maybe I've got a shot at retaining enough to make all this effort worth it in the end. I just thought that was too funny though this unsolicited voice coming into my head going "FILL THE FRAME!" LOL