Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #46
Pentaxian

I swonny if I see one more thread about Pentax and full frame I will cut the inside of my thighs

...and delete my account on this forum.

If full frame is the crutch you use to keep from actually IMPROVING your photography rather than lusting for the best and greatest, then switch to Canon and Nikon. Then go to their forums and complain about how the 5D mkII backfocuses 0.2mm when you shoot the brick wall directly outside your front door.

If you want full frame, buy a 4x5 camera and stop worrying about what's up Pentax's sleeve. Nothing they can make will make you a better photographer. Only YOU can make you a better photographer.

10-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by brofkand Quote
I swonny if I see one more thread about Pentax and full frame I will cut the inside of my thighs

...and delete my account on this forum.
Eewh, I can see you're in for a bloody and painful exit from Pentax Forums.
10-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Haha tuco! Physical pain releases mental pain...
10-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #49
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Do you have to witness an event in order for it to occur?
How did Schrödinger's cat get in this?

DAZ

10-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #50
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
if I beat a dead horse in the middle of a forrest when no one can hear it nor ever know it happened, did I really beat that dead horse? think about it kids
Pictures or it didn't happen.
10-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FullertonImages Quote
No they don't. Everything you mentioned are the things that need the support. Where are the pro build quality lenses? CaNikon aps-c users, that want top quality optics and build quality are stuck with big FF glass, which is optimized for a different format. Pentax has a full line up of top quality, weathersealed, sharp as @#$%! lens that are maximized for aps-c and considerably smaller than their FF counterparts.
As I have mentioned further below, a vast chunk of the APS-C Canikon market don't really care, so it probably doesn't make much sense for them to bring out a whole range of "EF-S L / Weathersealed EF-S" lenses. Besides, why would Canon want to damage interest and sales in their FF and EF range of cameras / lenses by bringing out better and cheaper APS-C alternatives? Canikon have two obvious choices; go with what system you need. If you need FF and weathersealing, buy into a 5D or 1D system.

QuoteQuote:
With Pentax, you can have an aps-c with the FL equivalents of 24-70/2.8 and 7-200/2.8, and they have great build, optics and sealing.
The Pentax DA* lineup is theoretically great, but great build? The DA* 16-50? Really?? It's plagued by QC issues and SDM is woefully pedestrian compared to the competitors silent drive. As I said over on the "what do you want to see from Pentax" thread, they badly need to do something about reliability and QC (call it SDM2 if you will) to go with the K-5 otherwise it won't be taken seriously by those in the Canikon camp. The SDM in my lens packed in after little use and was with Pentax for 6 weeks to get fixed - I would hardly call that pro-level to use your words.

I need my faith restored in DA* glass before I buy into it because they do indeed have a potentially great package.

QuoteQuote:
So in my opinion, no, CaNikon doesn't support aps-c. Not at the profesional level anyways. They have a full line up of aps-c bodies, and a full line up of pro FF glass that can be used with them. But they don't have pro level aps-c support.
... because most people running a Canikon based APS-C system don't care about a "professional" level. The EF-S and DX glass is more than most amateurs and serious amateurs require. Canikon also have a seriously big FF catalogue to go with their top FF bodies, something that Pentaxians can only salivate over :P.
10-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DAZ Quote
I was waiting for someone to mention that...

10-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #53
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I was waiting for someone to mention that...
OK how about this cat.

FF is like the Cheshire cat.

The Cheshire cat slowly faded away until there was only a smile. The reasons for FF are slowly faded away until there is nothing left but a memory and like the cat, FF brings up confusing points that result in massive arguments.

DAZ
10-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #54

Just a question..

Why they made the 100mm macro DFA?
It supports FF.

Just for technical reasons? Or for (near or not) future FF?
10-27-2010, 08:04 AM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ezechiel Quote
Just a question..

Why they made the 100mm macro DFA?
It supports FF.

Just for technical reasons? Or for (near or not) future FF?
I could be wrong, but I think it was because is was just a modification of a lens that was originally designed for film (FF).
10-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
it was because is was just a modification of a lens that was originally designed for film
correct,the simplest explanation is best.
10-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DAZ Quote

DAZ
Pentax's super secret engineers are at the same time both developing and not developing a FF Camera. We need to send a spy to their labs to get this settled.
10-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #58
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
................the simplest explanation is best.

Occam's Razor is a wonderful tool.

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Pentax's super secret engineers are at the same time both developing and not developing a FF Camera. We need to send a spy to their labs to get this settled.
We would need two spies, though. Certainly they wouldn't be carrying out the development project and the non-development project in the same location. Security reasons, you know.
11-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #59
Inactive Account

Nothing like a little speculation. I have waffled on this too, some times I thought that Pentax was really hurting because of a lack of full frame camera in their lineup, but when I take a step back and look at the quality of pictures created by Pentax users you realize that sensor size isn't really an issue for the working pros who shoot APS-C cameras every day.

Also, i have to acknowledge that I am not a professional photographer and that no publisher or editor is ever going to be calling me demanding that I have ultra high resolution shots (and if I did, I would be shooting with a medium format camera). Pentax's equipment is really great, solidly made and I couldn't care less if they go full frame so long as they keep developing and improving in other areas (high ISO performance, dynamic range, ergonomics/functionality, lens builds, etc.)
11-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #60

Photos: Albums
Pentax uses current technology. We all know how quickly technology changes so it's a real possibility they might incorporate a FF body or some totally different sensor technology.

I'll say: it's a possibility