Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not to throw logs on the fire but even in Utah he has a reputation for this kind of business. When needed I take my camera to a local camera repair shop here in Utah county. Last time I was there getting my sensor cleaned the shop owner and I had a conversation about Spencer's. I guess the problems with his shop are well know in these parts. I only live about 20 miles from him, what a shame. I would hope the problem is that he is just overwhelmed with work, but even so he should let the customer know a reasonable time frame for the return of the camera or just not do the work.

03-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just got my K5 back from a IR conversion and everything seems fine. I sent out my camera, received it within 3 weeks which is pretty good considering the 2-3 days wasted at customs (from Canada) and again when coming back. I took a few shots and autofocus works just fine, even with a hoya R72 filter it's focusing fine. Live view with the IR filter on is pretty clear and focuses just fine. The first image is with live view on with the IR filter on, and the second is a hand held test shot with the IR filter.

Last edited by Dr_who; 05-06-2014 at 04:49 PM.
04-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #48

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
I just got my K5 back from a IR conversion and everything seems fine. I sent out my camera, received it within 3 weeks which is pretty good considering the 2-3 days wasted at customs (from Canada) and again when coming back. I took a few shots and autofocus works just fine, even with a hoya R72 filter it's focusing fine. Live view with the IR filter on is pretty clear and focuses just fine. The first image is with live view on with the IR filter on, and the second is a hand held test shot with the IR filter.
DR_who, well you one of the lucky ones. I'm still waiting and I think it's coming up to 4 yrs. he's had my camera. AND MY MONEY!