Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shootin' The Symphony.

I was asked to shoot a few photos for the local symphony during their Halloween performance last weekend. It was tough conditions, ISO 3200 at a minimum with most of it above 5000 because of marginal lighting and being limited to shooting from far off the stage, often with my 55-300. They must have liked them.

Lynchburg Symphony Orchestra.

All of the photos except the top shot of the full orchestra were mine. The top shot was a fellow pentaxian (samsungian) who got his DSLR after he saw my *istDL a couple of years ago.

They want me to shoot their next concert as well. I guess it's too late to start charging.

11-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well done indeed!
11-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
I was asked to shoot a few photos for the local symphony during their Halloween performance last weekend. It was tough conditions, ISO 3200 at a minimum with most of it above 5000 because of marginal lighting and being limited to shooting from far off the stage, often with my 55-300. They must have liked them.

Lynchburg Symphony Orchestra.

All of the photos except the top shot of the full orchestra were mine. The top shot was a fellow pentaxian (samsungian) who got his DSLR after he saw my *istDL a couple of years ago.

They want me to shoot their next concert as well. I guess it's too late to start charging.
Congratulations and well done! In a similar manner i ended up shooting for a live-performance theatre (as in plays). Also for nothing :-) But the benefits in doing something like you and i are doing:

a. it pushes us to improve our skills - at least for me :-)
b. when i buy equip now., its with the theatre in mind
c. i'm now doing more different kinds of shooting than just event shootiing, i.e. portraits and promo shots
d. meeting other artists and photographers, i find it a lot of fun

For others out there, you'd be amazed at how many non-profits out there would love to have some volunteer photographers work for them on a regular basis. Go and ask someone if you can help out, and i bet you'll be surprised. (and it also helps out those worthwhile organizations you end up with)