Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hide! Or they'll want to make a calendar!

Sam Haskins - Pentax Calendars

11-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
Me too! A long time Pentax girl (well probably not so much girl as crone or something).
Yeah, well maybe Mel, but I still like the high key semi portrait avatar better.
Use that one for your entry in the Pentax calendar!
(At least until we come up with a Pentax Crone calendar.)
11-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I dunno, Mike, you might have to expand the model search if you're looking for like 'Totally skyclad except for a cool hat and presumably some fine Asashi Optical products.'
11-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #19

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hambino Quote
maybe we should propose this to the pentax marketing team since they could obviously use some help
The "I'm a Pentax Girl" slogan could actually be a great marketing idea.

11-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #20

Original Poster
^^especially since they make them in such "girl friendly" pastels and such, i think we may be onto something here!

PS - I want November since its my birthday month hehe
11-13-2010, 06:00 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by secateurs Quote
The "I'm a Pentax Girl" slogan could actually be a great marketing idea.
Imagine how that would go for us guys if that slogan ever got popular.
11-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hambino Quote
^^especially since they make them in such "girl friendly" pastels and such, i think we may be onto something here!

PS - I want November since its my birthday month hehe
Well, there's always a risk of that backfiring when you call women 'girls' and say, 'You must want the pretty little one!' I guess present company doesn't mind so much, but remember of course, that turnabout is fair play.

Could work, though, if they sort of balanced the fun/youth set entry level stuff with the bright colors with the angle that the brand's a sensible, quality choice for serious photography without so much about testosterone count. They can sort of have the stereotype while simultaneously-breaking it. (Or making more of them, like 'Your kooky-artsy aunt's camera of choice.' )

Heheh. Maybe there's some generational possibilities there. Still, I could see the TV spot with presumably-fashionable younger lass shooting away with some purple and orange K-x, meanwhile Mom's looking like she walked out of a PBS war-zone documentary with like a K-5 and a battered old LX, and being like, 'Now where'd *that* come from? '

(Cut to 80's flashback: younger Mom looking all New Wave with a 6x7 or something. )

Still interesting, I guess.

So, what about the corresponding 'I'm a Pentax Guy' campaign. They can have cameras in 'guy friendly' colors to match their cars and stuff.

11-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm a "Pentax Girl" but my favorite, um color, is black. I wear black clothes, my computer tower is black, and my monitor is too, and I carry a black camera or two. I'd feel silly carrying around a brightly colored Pentax.
11-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #24
Veteran Member

I'm a "Pentax Girl" too, but I also prefer a black camera, although if someone would hand me a coloured one, I wouldn't say no. Except if it's a pink one, definitely NO.
Been shooting with Pentax since January 2009, started with a K200 and now own a secondhand K-7. Since my husband already had a Pentax, the choice wasn't too difficult, but I think it's a great choice. Plus the fact that I don't like to walk with the crowd.
11-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I've been a Pentax Girl since 1995 when I bought my first one, a K1000. Pink would definitely turn me off. And I don't do red.....anything.
11-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I've been a Pentax Girl since 1995 when I bought my first one, a K1000. Pink would definitely turn me off. And I don't do red.....anything.
You should change the colour of your banner, I think
11-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #27

Original Poster
The k-r comes with a gajillion different color combos and I almost got a light purple or a light blue but the light pink grip on the white body was just too cute to pass up so that's what I ordered tonight and it should be here in a couple of weeks; can't wait to step out in pentaxian girl style (yes, i know, not every girl/woman likes pink but, as previously stated, its grown on me )
11-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #28
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TomK Quote
Yeah, well maybe Mel, but I still like the high key semi portrait avatar better.
Use that one for your entry in the Pentax calendar!
(At least until we come up with a Pentax Crone calendar.)
Thanks! But one of my 10 yo twins took this one with an E90. As for the other one, photoshop is my friend. It's high key like that because it was the only way I could effectively erase out two shiners I was sporting from being hit from behind in indoor soccer and being send headfirst into the sidewall.
11-13-2010, 09:39 AM   #29
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hee. I was never one for Barbie pink, myself. Hunter green is kind of flashy by my standards. I think I spent too much time trying to be taken seriously in the 80's to go for colored cameras, anyway.
I'm still trying to be taken seriously.
11-13-2010, 09:49 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Who cares what it looks like? As long as it does what it's made for, it's fine by me.
But with pink I draw the line, I really do.