Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Just back from Europe - LOADS of pics

Well, some might call it abuse, others the growth of an enduring relationship - I call it the right thing to do.

I was away in Europe for the past 2 weeks (well, 12 days). During that time I managed to snap around 2,500 pictures.

We hit the following cities during our roughly 4,000 km tour of Europe:
  • London
  • Dover/Calais
  • Amsterdam
  • Cologne
  • Munich
  • Rothenberg
  • Innsbruk
  • Brunnen
  • Lake Lucerne
  • Cortina
  • Venice
  • Florence
  • Paris

I'm in the middle of processing the second 2 gig card of images - very odd thing, though. When empty, and in the camera, the reader tells me I have about 670 shots from an empty card when set to record 6 mp images.

When I slide the full SD card into my PC and download the images, it says there are in excess of 1,100 images on the card - no idea what's up there, but since all the pics seem accounted for, I'm not worrying about the discrepancy for the moment.

This post is but a tease, however. As soon as I have the images sorted, ordered and uploaded into my Webshots account, I'll post some up and drop a link to the folders.

I *HEART* my K10d!!!!!

09-21-2007, 06:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Going between Cologne, Munich, and Rothenberg, you came within a few miles of my location and didn't stop by to visit, doggydude? Shame on you. Anyway, Europe is indeed a beautiful place, so I'm sure you had plenty of opportunities to take many fine photographs to keep and share. Please do post some examples when you find the time. Perhaps I can get a few ideas for locations from your images.

stewart
09-21-2007, 10:25 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Sorry for skipping your locale Stewart - I'll write to Cosmos and suggest you become a regular stop on the itinerary. LOL

That whole region was amazingly beautiful.

Most of my shots ended up being taken from the coach as we rolled through the country side, so expect lots of reflections showing in images.

Such is the way things go when the sun is out and you're in a big bus...

To me it matters not, as that was part of the experience. I just know that we'll definitely be going back to Germany to explore more. The cruise on the Rhine was amazing and gave a real taste for the wine growing region there.

I should be able to process the last of my pics this evening, then start on sorting them into folders by country.

After that I'm going to create a Top 100 folder to get posted first for folks to view, then I'll follow up with folders for each country we were in with more pics.
09-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Hey doggydude,

I'm going to be going London -> Paris -> Munich -> Vienna in a little over a month. I can't wait to see some of your pictures.

Can you tell me what camera gear (besides the K10) that you brought? What did you wish you had? What would you leave out? What did you use for a camera bag?

Thanks!
-Larry