Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2007, 11:52 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hmmm... thanks for everything guys... reading this thread has taught me a whole lot! Good thing my cake shoot last week didn't push through because of severe rains here... so I got to practice... I wasn't able to get a cake to practice on so I used plastic colored balls so I can practice controlling the reflections... I know this is a far cry from cakes, but here I was practicing the bouncing of light... thanks for the tips on lighting WMBP... I know the lighting isn't perfect so any C&C's are welcome as to how I can improve...

I used an external flash on the camera... bounced it using a white piece of cloth. I haven't loaded the picture of the one with direct flash for comparison yet though, but as expected, the results of that was fugly!

Alinla's photos are very artistic, I may adopt that idea with some shots, as well as some straight no nonsense shots like Jun Park's. As well as some close up shots as what PDL mentioned... I'll post the pics as soon as I finish with the shoot... and yes we have drafted a contract, I will be paid fairly and get to keep the cakes after the shoot Thanks again guys! If you guys lived near here, we can have a cake party after the shoot! haha...