Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

any issues printing this image out?

Long story short, my mother is in town for the Thanksgiving weekend and wanted a copy of a picture I took of my two sons (her grandkids). I don't have a printer set up at home at the moment so I was going to just sent it to the drugstore or Ritz or somewhere. She immediately cautioned me not to as she feared I might "get in trouble" because of the content as she'd heard stories of people getting into trouble for having "bathtub" pictures printed. I don't see where there would be an issue with this shot, but I figured I would solicit other people's opinions to see if I am being naive about the subject.

11-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't know if they'd want their first girlfriends to see it, but I think it'd be fine--boy nipples are perfectly acceptable.

Did I ever show you the one of my two girls on the toilet together?
11-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by farfisa Quote
I don't know if they'd want their first girlfriends to see it, but I think it'd be fine--boy nipples are perfectly acceptable.

Did I ever show you the one of my two girls on the toilet together?
No, I'm pretty sure I would have remembered seeing that one
11-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It happened here in Arizona. I believe it was Walmart employee called the police and the parents were charged etc etc. Ugly and very sad. http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/parents_charged_as_sex_offenders_after_bath...ids_developed/

11-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
It happened here in Arizona. I believe it was Walmart employee called the police and the parents were charged etc etc. Ugly and very sad. Say Anything Parents Charged As Sex Offenders After Bath Time Pictures Of Kids Developed At Wal-Mart
Yup, that's the story she was referring to.
11-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

As a former lab person, I don't see any reason to get shook up over with that picture, but I'm certainly not in a position to be an authority on whether someone might get in a tizzy about it.
It's a sad world where a person has to ask the question you asked over a perfectly innocent picture like that.
11-27-2010, 12:50 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
It's a sad world where a person has to ask the question you asked over a perfectly innocent picture like that.
That is very true.

11-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Take it to someplace like Penn Camera and it probably won't be a problem... You are generally dealing with photograhy knowledgable folks there rather than a McDonalds dropout at Walmart or a drugstore..
11-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Take it to someplace like Penn Camera and it probably won't be a problem... You are generally dealing with photograhy knowledgable folks there rather than a McDonalds dropout at Walmart or a drugstore..
That's a good idea in general, but to TBH, I'm not really too concerned about it in this particular case. This only came up because my mother is in town for the holiday weekend and was looking through some pictures, picking out which ones she wanted and made a comment that she'd like that one (the posted bathtub picture) but that she didn't want me to send it to her (or print it out) because she was afraid I would get in trouble (based on the story she read).
11-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #10
Veteran Member

How ridiculous our world has become. Just get a cheap 4x6" printer and be done with it.
11-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wlachan Quote
How ridiculous our world has become. Just get a cheap 4x6" printer and be done with it.
That was my point from the beginning, how ridiculous it's become. I have a printer, just happen to be out of printer paper so I told her (my mother) I could just send her the file and that's when this whole thing started. Again, I'm not really worried about the issue, I was just bringing it up because I thought the whole thing was, as you said, a bit ridiculous.
11-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
That was my point from the beginning, how ridiculous it's become. I have a printer, just happen to be out of printer paper so I told her (my mother) I could just send her the file and that's when this whole thing started. Again, I'm not really worried about the issue, I was just bringing it up because I thought the whole thing was, as you said, a bit ridiculous.
Sadly these days, most people are trying so hard to cover their axx and being politically correct because the possibility of being sued, the good old common sense got shovel aside. Very unfortunate how some civilizations have become but cannot really blame the individuals.