Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2010, 12:14 AM   #1

Other forums for general photography discussion?

What other forums do you visit for general photography discussion? I'm thinking technique, critique, composition, tips & tricks, the art of photography, etc. I love these forums for all things Pentax, but there isn't as much here about the actual taking of pictures!

I've visited forums at dpreview, photo.net, dpchallenge, and digital-photography-school. What else is out there that you like?

12-03-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I feel the same way.
Other than this place, I frequent DPReview and that's about it.
Though I do wish there was a place that specialized in photo technique, setup and the likes in less the brand commitments. If such a thing were ever possible
12-03-2010, 04:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Good luck finding such a place, if in fact one exists. I have been searching for such a site and the closest one I have found is Digital Photography Tips: Digital Photography School although not exactly a web board forum such as Pentax Forums. The other places I have visited which seem to be forum oriented are so biased toward brands and the fanboys who frequent them, it can make your stomach turn.

Jason
12-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photocamel.com

I enjoy participating in PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum - it is organized in various genres of photograpy in sub-forums.

-Joe-

12-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax Discuss Mail List

(www.pdml.net)
12-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

http://www.burnmagazine.org/

Geared more towards photojournalism, but it's run by a Magnum photog that posts some good work and helps to provoke and sustained interesting discussion. Very minimal gear talk.

FWIW, I do try to post photography-related (as opposed to gear-related) stuff in this section from time time, particularly regarding award-winning photos, renown photogs, etc.

With the recent photo contest winners in particular, there's a lot of diverging opinions on what is a good photo. We could try to establish a less gear-biased group or threads here - there seems to be some interest.
12-20-2010, 02:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

A question for the people interested in this topic...

- do you participate in the Critique section of PentaxForums or any other online forums that offer member critiques? If so, what works for you and what doesn't work for you?

I'm curious.

12-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
rhe
Closed Account

I enjoy visiting Luminous landscape:

The Luminous Landscape