Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dewitt Jones video mentioned by Tonyjayice is excellent for getting yourself out of a photo slump and a worthwhile attitude to have about life in general.

For getting out of the winter slumps, my own jump start is to pop my Dr. Zhivago DVD in the player and watch the whole movie. It is one of the best filmed movies of all time and just about any frame at random could be chosen and it would be worthy of framing and mounting on the wall. The winter months have a beauty all it's own. The lighting can be awesome as "the golden hours" last most of the day. My winter problems involve time and often I just can't get out and shoot. The daily chores of snow removal added to the normal routines make it tough to get out at times. I have to plan my photo outings in the winter. The added heavy clothes along with snowshoes, crampons, or skis will tire me out much faster and I can't randomly wander around as I do in the warmer seasons.

12-24-2010, 02:36 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Every few months, my interests change from one hobby to the other. I'll go a few months being strictly interested in using my camera. Then, like right now, I lose all interest and gain massive interest in working on the restoration of my car. My K7 has been in hibernation for the last month. In a few months I will go back to the camera. It's been like this since I don't know how long now...

So, if you're in a slump, put the camera down for a few weeks and do other things. It will come back to you.
12-24-2010, 06:16 AM   #33

Ya...kinda feeling the same way. It's too cold outside!