Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rebates?

Well the never-ending rebate expired yesterday. Does anyone out there know if Pentax will be renewing it?

NaCl(It will be just my luck that they don't)H2O

10-01-2007, 09:37 AM   #2

I hope so, but I can say it prompted me to pull the trigger in the 11th hour on a 40mm limited. I had been torn between it and a 43mm and finally went with the 40 at the last minute yesterday afternoon.
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
Ari
Veteran Member

I seem to remember a rebate in Feb when I got my * ist d. Definitely prompted me to pull the trigger on the 50mm f 1.4......
10-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Newbie here -- just joined today. I just hope Pentax honors the rebate that just ended. I purchased my K100D 3 weeks and promptly sent in the rebate form. Just received an email stating "The UPC symbol or proof-of-purchase tab you submitted is not valid for this promotion or no UPC symbol was submitted." There was also a 1-888 number to call. I called and talked to a customer service rep and told him that I did in fact submit the original UPC tab and "stapled" it to the rebate form. I stapled it so it would not get lost. He said he would double check and get back with me. Yeah, right! I am really going to be ticked if I lose the $50 rebate.

10-01-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Newbie here -- just joined today. I just hope Pentax honors the rebate that just ended. I purchased my K100D 3 weeks and promptly sent in the rebate form. Just received an email stating "The UPC symbol or proof-of-purchase tab you submitted is not valid for this promotion or no UPC symbol was submitted." There was also a 1-888 number to call. I called and talked to a customer service rep and told him that I did in fact submit the original UPC tab and "stapled" it to the rebate form. I stapled it so it would not get lost. He said he would double check and get back with me. Yeah, right! I am really going to be ticked if I lose the $50 rebate.
Ned Bunnell VP of Marketing for Pentax in US addressed issues with rebates on his blog: http://nedbunnell.blogspot.com/ He provides an additional Pentax phone number to call if you are having trouble. Good luck.
10-02-2007, 04:13 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wethphotography Quote
Ned Bunnell VP of Marketing for Pentax in US addressed issues with rebates on his blog: NED BUNNELL He provides an additional Pentax phone number to call if you are having trouble. Good luck.
Thanks for the information.
10-02-2007, 04:30 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, as of this morning (10/2) there is still no new rebate up on the offical Pentaximaging site. I'll check again this afternoon.

NaCl(Poops!)H2O