Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Do you think Pentax will announce their EVIL APS-C size sensor camera soon?

With CES-2011 just a short time away, do you think Pentax will announce their EVIL APS-C size sensor camera?

It is one of the cameras I'm waiting for. Would love to see them have another major hit with this camera as they are with the K-5 and the 645D.

I'm very interested in the video capability of this camera, as our company is doing more and more video and video spots on You Tube and others. Web info sites are the advertising of today.

We are making a video library on our products and their function, and right now I've started using a Panasonic HDC-HS700 along with a Rode mic. Videos should come out nice. Could use my K-x ..... but no feature for external mic :-(

But again, would love to use Pentax equipment and my arsenal of Pentax glass :-)

wll

12-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
there is no guarantee when(if) pentax announce an Evil it will be APSc (though likely it will) or K mount (Evil is usually about small, Kmount would mean a deeper body than the current EVIL Cameras)
That being said Supposedly there is a announcement pending for Photokina in February. Camera announcements are pretty rare at CES, it's more about Audio Video than Imaging
12-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
That being said Supposedly there is a announcement pending for Photokina in February.
Which Photokina? That's another 2 years away!

Anyway, I think this is what you're referring to: Google Translate
12-30-2010, 08:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

you're right Kevin, i was drawing on a faulty aged memory
it will be interesting to see what they announce though

12-30-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Next Photokina is September 2012, not next February.
12-30-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote

With CES-2011 just a short time away, do you think Pentax will announce their EVIL APS-C size sensor camera?
Other than an apparent official dropping that the new kid will "stand out from the rest", and the deduction that it will be a MILC of some sort (no company refers to the format as EVIL, that would be silly), no such promises of sensor size or other specs seem to have escaped.

Stand out implies very different to me, leaving shape and size open to any wild conjecture that imaginations can think up.

So whether it's to be Cubist or Spherical in form I really don't care, so long as Hoya have contracted Dean Kamen to give it that Segway uniqueness and image. A self leveled~balancing camera c/w own unipod would be very useful and sweet.

.R.
12-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Imagine if they made a WR EVIL that evoked the beloved MX.....something like this:

12-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
Veteran Member

really i would love an evil that looked (and operated like the MX)
If I had to hazard a guess though it will be a WR body with better construction than the current crop of Evil
12-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Not news or rumor.

moving to General Photography.
12-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #10
Site Supporter

If Murphy's Law holds true, Yes they will because I just got an E-P1 to use as a point and shoot.
12-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #11
wll
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry, thought I posted it correctly :-(

Next time I'll ask where a post like this belongs !

wll

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Not news or rumor.

:moving: to General Photography.
12-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #12
wll
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pentax, Will Have to Have a Unique EVIL .....

to knock the others out of the box, especially since the big rumor for a while has been that Nikon is planing on producing a EVIL also.

I just hope Pentax's is WR, is small and can be adapted to use existing lenses. I also hope it has stellar video capability ...... a huge thing in today's market !

wll
12-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I think Pentax could do well if they do what they do best: focus on small primes. Strangely enough none of the current mirrorless players have really gotten beyond one or two wide to semi-wide primes, instead they seem to focus on bulky zooms that, in my eyes, defeat the purpose of mirrorless. Also, I think their all-metal approach will be to the liking of the people who want a camera like this to use alongside their dSLR.

If Pentax goes semi-Leica on their mirrorless, they could just have a winner on their hands. (just look at how much interest Fuji has with their semi-Leica, the X100)
12-31-2010, 01:21 AM   #14

I like corners in the body, the MX looks really beautifull. Too many curves are for cheap plastic bodies.

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Imagine if they made a WR EVIL that evoked the beloved MX.....something like this:

12-31-2010, 01:42 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I'm with you, for all their quality the Panasonic m43 bodies look really quite cheap.