Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Posting photos

One of the things i'm trying to improve in 2011 is actually DOING something with my photos. I have a mental list of probably 100 pretty great shots that I've taken and NEVER posted, printed, or shared.

How do you manage all the different venues? For now, I'm just posting them to my facebook wall, because that's where my friends will see them. But I'd like to post some here, on flickr... I'd like to have my own portfolio site that I can print on business cards and hand out to people whose photos I've taken.

But it's crazy trying to manage all that... then what if you post a shot to two of those, then you get interrupted and forget the others, then you have stuff all over the place that's incoherent.

How do you manage it? Or do you?

01-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Originally I was using facebook etc, then set up the portfolio site, and simply don't use other channels now. The odd photo/series for feedback and that sort of thing, otherwise everything goes back to the website, which is linked through my facebook photography page when updated.
01-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lavascript Quote
How do you manage it?
I post everything on Flickr, and link to the pictures in other places. That way, I only have one place to upload to, and I can link and inline pictures selectively. It makes organizing much simpler.
01-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alohadave Quote
I post everything on Flickr, and link to the pictures in other places. That way, I only have one place to upload to, and I can link and inline pictures selectively. It makes organizing much simpler.
Plus one on this it's the simplest solution

01-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
Me, too, except Photobucket instead of Flickr. I had a problem with Flickr as it renamed the images.
01-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

100 pretty great shots?? I'd be happy to take 20 ever!
01-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
100 pretty great shots?? I'd be happy to take 20 ever!
Pretty great is not the same as great :-)