Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #1

Best mode to shoot hairstyles.

I have been shooting men's hairstyles and the result is disappointing. What settings should I use to shoot hairstyles?

*the hair color of my subjects are usually black or dark colors.

01-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What do you mean by "setting"? Sounds like general portrait work. Set it to manual or x-sync, set up your lighting/backgrounds/etc and shoot.

To show off the hair, I'd probably use a basic 3 light setup. Clamshell up front and a hairlight above/behind and a little off center.
01-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #3

Original Poster
i am sorry. Relating to photography, I am a complete newbie. Just gotten my k-r and was so happy with it.

What is the one accessory I must buy to make better hairstyle shots? a Clamshell?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, hairstyles, photography