Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stock Photography. Model question.

Just wanted to know how you guys get models?
I was thinking of offering free shoots with a istock model release?
Any ideas?
Thanks fellas.

01-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My idea is to use a general release, instead of an iStock release, so you can sell the photo elsewhere without having to obtain an additional release.

As far as getting models to come to your studio, post an ad, talk to people you know, work with other photographers, start with family members and friends, etc. There are lots of ways. Remember offering free shoots will only attract inexperienced models, but if you don't mind it should work just fine. Meet with the model before the shoot and discuss with them what type of photos they'd like to add to their portfolio so you can accomodate them.

Hope this helps.
01-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Model Mayhem - for photographers, models & make-up artists.
01-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yea, Thats about what i had in mind.
You have a standard MR? If you could link on that would be great. I typically us the Istock because I rearly have time to upload to dreams and shutterstock. I just wondered if anyone is using MODEL MAYHEM ? Bikini shoots are fun to shoot but do they sell? Would rather shoot professional people.

01-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by layfsphoto Quote
Yea, Thats about what i had in mind.
You have a standard MR? If you could link on that would be great. I typically us the Istock because I rearly have time to upload to dreams and shutterstock. I just wondered if anyone is using MODEL MAYHEM ? Bikini shoots are fun to shoot but do they sell? Would rather shoot professional people.

My daughter is a model and gets lot of shoots from that forum - both paid & for portfolio.
01-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I typically avoid uploading to iStock because I can upload one photo to 12 other agencies (including SS and DT) in the same time it takes me to upload one to iStock.

Send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send you the general model release accepted by all agencies I use.