Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2007, 02:18 AM   #16
axl
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
P series

I own P series holders from Cokin, they work with all my lenses without vignetting. The only problems are caused when the hood is attached to holder with DA 18-55 set to 18 and the holder is not in upright position. It causes bad vigneting, otherwise it's an excelent affordable system. But I'm sad to read that it vignetes with Sigma 10-20 and even with DA 14. They are on my shopping list....

10-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well it has been said already...

P series is only good down to something like 16mm on APS C, with the wideangle adaptor it can work down to 14mm if you do not use any polarising filters...
I am using ND grads with the WA adaptor a lot without any issues... slot in a polariser and I got 4 black cornes...
Now I do not really like the polarising effect on that wide angled lenses... so it works for me...

But yeha for UWA lenses the Z series or similar is the way to go.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cokin, k10d, kit, lenses, photography