Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Dust in my pictures

help! How do I get rid of dust safely? I swapped lenses and it is in the same place on my pictures. what is the safe way of getting rid of it?

10-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
um, yea I feel dumb, I got it.
10-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #3

Lol
Is Your sensor clean now?
10-12-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Hi cznut

You could always try putting your camera thru your washing-machine using biological soapsuds......LOL

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 10-13-2007 at 05:46 AM.
10-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've known of people cleaning up PC motherboards with a compressor, only to find a couple of parts were blown clean off the board.
Time to go the garage and crank up the air compressor. Maybe this would be a way to convert the matte focusing screen to a split focusing screen
10-13-2007, 02:54 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Dont know if ive brought this up before or not here but here goes..
Had some dust on the sensor of my istDs which i couldnt get rid of just by using ye ole brush/blower method..
Sussed all over the internet with the intent on purchasing a sensor cleaning kit, and the price blew me away....
My young fella sent his Canon away to get some dust removed and that cost him $40 which i didnt think was too bad but i live a tad too far from Brisvages to get the same deal and the cost from a local Photgrapher here who also has had the same problem on several occasions informed me it cost him $250 to send his away and get cleaned..
Then a remembered a good friend of mine who i always turn to in need of Camera/Photo advice and did as he advised and it works a charm but dont hold me responsible it it dont work for you lol....
What i did is visit the local Art supply shop here and purchased a nice artists brush, flat and same width aprox as the sensor..
Attained some pure Alcohol(small bottle)..
A can of compressed air....
make sure the camera has a good supply of a fully charged battery/batteries prior to starting...
Hit the brush with the compressed air and that puts a static charge to the hairs/bristles of the brush..gently brush over the sensor and all dust should be picked up(at least in my case it was...
Any stubborn dust can be removed by gently brushing over the sensor with the brush, with a wee bit of alcohol on the brush..
Allow time for the sensor to dry and Bobs your Uncle..
I have made a wee container to keep my brushes air and dust free till need to be used..
The One brush cost me near eight dollars..
The Alcohol was a gift so long as i dont drink it (Hic!!)..
And now i am dust n worry free at a cheaper cost....
Anyhow way i went so dont take it as gospel from me , but worked for me and will go the same way from here on ey..
Cheers