Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2015, 07:23 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For trips to the local playground with the offspring, I'm often to be found packing a film body - ME, P3/P30T or Spotmatic. For trips where a lot of photos have to be taken, I'll take the K-5 with whatever lens takes my fancy right then and there. For anything that happens around the office, I have my Ricoh XR-1 (RICOH FULL FRAME SLR CAMERA, LOL ) on my shelf and 28, 50 and 135mm primes (the latter an M42 with adapter) to put on it.

Last big family trip, it was the K-5 with the DA18-250 and DA50/1.8 that did the honours (supplemented with an SMC Takumar 28/3.5 I bought on the trip); for overseas it's generally been the DA40 alone, though I supplemented it last time with a Sigma APS-C 18-50 kit lens that I'd have traded in if I'd chosen to buy anything.

This time for my overseas conference trip I was seriously considering taking only an ME or MX with a Pentax-M 40/2.8 in a pocket of my Tilley vest, and leaving the casual digital work to my smartphone (Galaxy S5); but with the knowledge and wisdom I've gathered here (thank you all BTW ), I'm in a position to go on a serious and (this time) well-informed lens hunt. I thus need the ability to take sample shots through the lens and examine them in detail and at leisure. Hence the K-5 will still (also) be going along, but I haven't yet determined what lens(es) I will take for it. Probably an FA, as I can swap them to the film body and still have them be perfectly compatible on both (and if perchance the Full-Frame is out and I choose to buy it, I can buy the body only and have lenses ready to go right onto it at once!).

11-10-2015, 04:25 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My typical ramblin'-in-the-woods setup is the K-01 + DA21, K-30 + Tak 200/3.5 or 300/4, DA70 in my pocket. Sometimes a tripod - I'm trying to be better about taking that with me. I stay very local and and usually have a general idea what I'm going to shoot at a particular locale.