Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Brightroom Events does not accept Pentax shooters!!

Here is my rejection email from Brightroom copied verbatim.

"We have reviewed the information you submitted with your application to become a member of the brightroom photography team. Unfortunately, your application has not been accepted at this time. The reason(s) for denial is/are as follows: We unfortunately do not accept Pentax model cameras. Thank you for your interest.

We appreciate you taking the time to apply to our team. Once you have addressed the issue(s) listed above, feel free to submit another application. If you have any questions, you can direct them to us at sportsops@brightroom.com"

02-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

lol Guess they're not as bright as their name implies, huh?
02-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter

"Address the issues" to reapply?

Here ya go, a nice Nik D40 and kit lens...now you can do some pro shooting for sure.
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I hate poor composition.

It is wrong to say they unfortunately don't accept Pentax camera models as fortune has nothing to do with it. It is a policy entirely within their control and if they truly thought it "unfortunate" they could change it in an instant. I hate insincere dodges even more than I hate poor composition. The former insults my intelligence while the latter merely grates on the ear.

02-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake

Guess it's not about the image then.
02-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
Pentaxian

How about buying a D40 second hand (or lie), then use whatever you want, you could always delete the exif camera info.

Or maybe everyone on this forum should apply to join them!
02-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
How about buying a D40 second hand (or lie), then use whatever you want, you could always delete the exif camera info.

Or maybe everyone on this forum should apply to join them!
I was hoping for the latter.....
steamed cause I wanted to shoot a few event to earn a bit for a k-5 fund. I have the cash but having a tough time justifying the expense as I just bought a Bigma

02-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in, how do you apply?
02-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Except for University of Chicago and Chapel Hill the two principals' resumes read as exaggerations by people who could never make a go of a posting - so they started a company with their hobby (and took capital from Canon and Nikon - just a supposition, but probably close the the mark).
02-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #10
Inactive Account

They said: "If you have any questions, you can direct them to us at sportsops@brightroom.com"
So, why don't you ask them to clarify why they do not accept an entire camera brand regardless of model, etc.
You might politely note that you will gladly post their explanation on this forum for the rest of us to be so informed.
I suspect that it has to do with Canon or Nikon funding behind the scenes somewhere and they only "accept" that brand.
Let us know the results.
02-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #11
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nomad Quote
We unfortunately do not accept Pentax model cameras.
The question I would ask is "What brand do they allow?"

Without stating that, how can you comply?
02-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I am reminded of a phrase from Mark Twain's short story, "Buck Fanshaw's Funeral"...."No Irish Need Apply".

It looks like they could just say, "No Pentax Allowed" right up front.
02-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Since many pentax models use the exact same sensor as nikon and Sony cameras you should point this out and ask them why they permit nikon and Sony cameras
02-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #14
Veteran Member

As I said in the other thread about the same subject... I suspect it may have to do with CF cards vs every other card format. In my Brightroom documentation it specifically says you need CF cards.
02-07-2011, 11:12 PM - 2 Likes   #15
Veteran Member

Why the hell would you want to be a part of a team who's idea of "high quality event photography" is standing one spot at a marathon, and taking a poorly exposed snapshot of every person that stumbles by? I would tell them to F off, and take my Pentax elsewhere to go make good photos.