Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Corel Paintshop Pro Photo x2 on sale

Best Buy has Paintshop Pro x2 for $49.99 per the ad in the paper October 14, 07. I tried several times to download the free 30 day trial but the DL'd keep bogging down. At that price you might be able to make a couple of bucks selling on Ebay.

I wanted to buy it but it is only for Windows XP and Vista with all updates. I have Windows 2000 so it would not work. Will get the prior version XI or 11 instead.

Last edited by Bob Tuttle; 10-16-2007 at 09:41 AM.
10-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #2

When I heard about the new version, I did the 380meg dowload and tested its raw conversion capabilities. I then opened some lens resolution shots I had taked with several lenses and found the new software to be the worst raw I have used.

FYI, I use both CS2 and Silkypix Studio. Adobe ACR is better than Silkypix but Silkypix's colour is better and the lens abberation tool is very convient. Presently, I use the Adobe DNG converter and convert to "linear" DNG and then edit in Silkypix prior to finishing the image off in CS2

Bob
10-28-2007, 04:35 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I have to agree with the RAW processing Quality for Paint shop pro X2. Coral doesn't offer the camera RAW updates like Adobe Does. I do have the program and I also have CS3. I like both for different reasons but my main dislike is that Paint shop doesn't support most Cameras. In fact with Pentax It supports the DS, D, K100D, and I think the K10 but not really sure. I find it a pain in the A** to have to convert RAW PEF files to either TIFF, or JPEG And that's why I use CS3 for just about everything. I also use Picasa from Google for Viewing my shots and making a choice as to which ones I will process in which program.
10-28-2007, 05:52 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
.....In fact with Pentax It supports the DS, D, K100D, and I think the K10 but not really sure.....
Yes, PSPP X2 sure does support K10D.